FS 2013 Collings UT1 K $1,195

SoFLUke

Reaction score
Lovely Collings koa tenor with satin finish, Ameritage OHSC, both minty, strung with clear Worth high-4G. Light fingertip brush marks next to fingerboard extension on treble-side top, probably polish out but you'll put them back first time you play, can be seen only angled to light; otherwise no flaws. Fantastic instrument, I'm selling only to fund a DaSilva custom.

Full specs on Collings website: http://www.collingsguitars.com/Instruments/?ID=64
(also check "Specifications" tab)
Current new retail is $1,755. My price includes shipping CONUS and PayPal. You have 48-hr trial period after arrival; if you return in same condition as received (and smoke-free) I will refund price minus my shipping to you.

IMG_1996.jpgIMG_1999.jpgIMG_1998.jpgIMG_2001.jpgIMG_2002.jpg

Last edited:
Question:
Do the strings go through bridge and the top of the uke or do they tie at the bridge?
I cannot tell from your photos or from the specs on the website.
Thank you.

Question:
Do the strings go through bridge and the top of the uke or do they tie at the bridge?
I cannot tell from your photos or from the specs on the website.
Thank you.

Might be a unique method, easiest to let Collings explain:

http://www.collingsguitars.com/Images/faq/Ukulele%20Re-Stringing%209.20.13.pdf

Essentially, a knot at the bridge end of the string is captured by a slot in the bridge. Really simple to use, I follow Collings method exactly and is a piece of cake.

Hi I need a new ukulele, would you consider shipping to Canada.
Best,
Ray

Hi Ray, Thanks for your interest. If you PM me your address I can calculate shipping and see whether I can do it with advertised price. Thanks.

Does the SOFL in your name refer to where you live or are you a Magic Fluke enthusiast? I am in South Florida.

Seem to be having trouble replying to PMs. I'm selling the UT1 K straight up for cash with no trades. Thanks!

How does the neck thickness feel? Any thicker or thinner feeling than other ukes you have played??

Thanks!

How does the neck thickness feel? Any thicker or thinner feeling than other ukes you have played??

Thanks!

Boy, wish I had experience with a lot of ukes. But I don't, this and its brother--also a Collings--are the only two I've played.

I am particular about necks in general; I like a pronounced V and a regular 1 ⅛" nut on a mandolin, for instance.

All I can say about the Collings uke neck is that it fits my hand well. Hopefully you can try one out and see how it feels to you.

Thanks!

Collings necks are neither thick nor thin. C-shape. Quite comfortable IMHO.

Top Bottom