Greetings from Pasadena

tgoe

Reaction score
Hi.. i am not quite sure I have introduced myself.

I'm a beginner in the charango, but am also learning the uke.
So, I guess i'm a beginner uke ?;)

I attempted to build a Uke using the Grizzly kit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3u1fnlR2uNQ

..that was good fun. It plays rather well if you don't go beyond the 4th fret :)

Anyways.. looking forward to learning and sharing.

My quest these days is for an affordable carbon fiber uke that is not more expensive than my car.

Best,

TGOE
The Giant of Ecuador

-------my wish list-------
Les Stansell Flamencalele (www.stansellguitars.com)
Cocobolo Ukulele (www.cocoboloukuleles.com)
My Unicorn : an affordable carbon fiber tenor ukulele

Last edited:
Welcome to UU. Are you in Pasadena, California or Pasadena, Texas? I lived in Pasadena, California for about 13 years. :)

Welcome to UU. Are you in Pasadena, California or Pasadena, Texas? I lived in Pasadena, California for about 13 years. :)

oh.. good call.

I'm in Pasadena, CA.. near old town.

Where did you live?

TGOE

oh.. good call.

I'm in Pasadena, CA.. near old town.

Where did you live?

TGOE

The first year I was in the Holly Street apartments right near Old Town. Then I bought a house on Crowne Drive right near Pasadena High School, that is where we were for another 12 years. We were right where they park the Rose Parade floats at the termination of the Parade.

I really loved Pasadena. We moved to San Pedro though because I wanted to get closer to my family in Torrance and friends in Lakewood, and those Pasadena summers were just too hot for me. Still, I miss a lot about it. :)

ha! awesome.. i walk by your old apartments almost daily.

I've been here for almost 20 years and have only been to the parade once although I do like walking Colorado Blvd during NYE and people watching.

Pasadena High hosts our farmer's market now.. not sure if you had it before you moved.

Thanks for reaching out.. much appreciated

TGOE

I lived in Pasadena from '58 to '72 minus two years serving in the service "67-69. Went to Longfellow Elementary, Elliot and Washington Jr. High then finished off at John Muir and PCC. Lived on Elizabeth St, El Molino, and a few other places. Great place to grow up. I miss it for sure.

Thank you for serving our country, Mr. Madsen.

Welcome to UU. Pasadena is a lovely area. I live on the other coast, we watch the sun rise over the ocean, you watch it set. My wife and I snowbirded in Laguna Beach for the winters of '11 and '12. Visited Pasadena several times for the great museums and the nice atmosphere. The LA area is well represented in UU. Hope you enjoy.

Had to google the charango, it looks really interesting. Welcome to UU, I hope you enjoy this very helpful sight. My wife and I snowbirded in Laguna beach in '11 and '12. We visited Pasadena several times for the great museums and the nice atmosphere. The LA area is well represented on UU. This site has a lot of good information and good people.

Thank you, JJFN.

Angelinos are a motley crew ;-)

Welcome to UU; are you planning to build any more ukes? It's really really fun!

right on, ItsMe.. i'll def check them out!

great tip

you know.... i am getting that itch, but my wood craft tools (and skills) are very limited. It was sooo fun!

Boogie10 -

.... I see a frothy drink in your near future :)

Welcome to UU!

Top Bottom