I'm at it again. BAS has replaced UAS.

The Telecaster look really caught my eye, I would even go so far as to add a Tele style pickguard, and for sure change the strings to black Pahoehoe. I think it has the same preamp as my Gold Tone MicroBass had, which I would also change to the Joyo I put on my MicroBass.

Just to show everyone how caught up in acquisition syndrome I am, last night after I posted on another thread about buying one of these Hadean basses to use for parts on a custom cigar box build the person wants to do, I got to thinking about the first post I made here showing my mockups of the Rickenbacker and violin basses.

One of the things that held me back from ordering either of those was that they would be steel string magnetic pickups, I already have two like that. I like the sound and feel of the Pahoehoe so much that I realized I should buy another solid body Hadean and at some time in the future, bring it over to my luthier who's going to modify my blue Hadean, and have him build a violin body and use all the parts from the Hadean; bridge, electronics, neck, etc. I just ordered a sunburst one, yep, I'm infected.

you should be able to just purchase some tuners, a piezo saddle and some preamp and build a full bass from parts. However it might still be cheaper to get that 129usd + shipping hollow body hadean and part it out...

I'm just after the neck, head and electronics, with them it should be easy for my luthier to make a solid body violin style, it does not have to be hollow or semi-hollow for me. Here's a mockup I just did, 20.75" scale, 34" long, 10" wide.

Violin bass solid red705.jpg

Last edited:
I'm just after the neck, head and electronics, with them it should be easy for my luthier to make a solid body violin style, it does not have to be hollow or semi-hollow for me. Here's a mockup I just did, 20.75" scale, 34" long, 10" wide.

Violin bass solid red705.jpg

That's gonna be like a Mini Beatle-Bass!!! AWESOME.

Then you gotta dig in and learn some of Paul's bass lines for their songs. The Beatles have a good range of styles, and Paul's bass lines are not too complicated...

I just noticed that Rondo is ALSO selling these Hadean uke basses on Amazon now, see here:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_m...=UTF8&field-brandtextbin=Hadean&node=11091801

Seems like there are many in stock at the moment. Let The BUYING frenzy Begin!

Yep, been considering one for a few weeks, but to do a shorty steel string with magnetic pickups seemed like a lot, then I realized using all the parts from a Hadean would be a great way to go. My bass teacher has been showing me a few Paul runs, including "Day Tripper" but I've also been doing my own arrangements, like on "Yellow Submarine" and "When I'm 64" for The CC Strummers uke group I'm with.

Yep, been considering one for a few weeks, but to do a shorty steel string with magnetic pickups seemed like a lot, then I realized using all the parts from a Hadean would be a great way to go. My bass teacher has been showing me a few Paul runs, including "Day Tripper" but I've also been doing my own arrangements, like on "Yellow Submarine" and "When I'm 64" for The CC Strummers uke group I'm with.

That's great! Dont forget "Eight Days A Week" and "She Loves You" which are both great bass and ukulele duets, and both songs (along with a few others are in 'The Daily Ukulele' book by Liz & Jim Beloff if you have it, so no need to go searching for the music :)

Thanks for that Booli. I've gone completely paperless so I don't have music books anymore, so I'll see what I can find online.

Top Bottom