I'm at it again. BAS has replaced UAS.

I actually went to the web and did a translation, definitely rudimentary. I'll try their web site as you suggest.

Just got a reply that my order is cancelled. Great, now to make the the order from your link. Done, thank you.

Last edited:
Just got a reply that my order is cancelled. Great, now to make the the order from your link. Done, thank you.

Thanks, and make sure to use the code 15OFF to save another 15%, just like I did last week, and likely will do again after I receive the Hadean basses and then the STRING TESTING BEGINS!!!

Sadly I cannot find the Pyramid Tapewound UBass strings, nor the La Bella Tapewound UBass strings anywhere now. They were all the rage like 9 months ago, and now none of the string vendors are selling them. :(

I found a thread on talkbass about regular scaled bass tapewound strings that was over a thousand posts, but going through all that is like seeking a needle in a haystack... Hob JAMMIT!!! :(

I just got another reply from Aquila Italy that the order was not cancelled and has been shipped, of which I was not notified at the time, very disappointing to see that they are not more together. I won't order direct from Aquila again.

Last edited:
I just got another reply from Aquila Italy that the order was not cancelled and has been shipped, of which I was not notified at the time, very disappointing to see that they are not more together. I won't order direct from Aquila again.

Sorry to hear that. I guess they don't capische.

On the bright side, you'll have plenty of string sets for your U-Bass instruments. :)

!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3PM UPS delivered the Hadean sunburst solid-body Bass Uke. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First impressions:

1. It's visually BETTER than the online photos - the sunburst colors and contrast really SNAP.

2. Cosmetically there are no obvious flaws other than a tiny 1mm ding in the back of the neck @ the 14th fret, right exactly where you might rest your thumb (which does not bother me at all), aside from that it is as new, and was shipped double-boxed -NICE:)

3. Plugged in to my Kustom Sienna 30 acoustic amp (12" speaker), the preamp output on the Hadean is VERY HOT output. I had the Sienna only on 2 with the Sienna's preamp circuit OFF, and had to turn the bass EQ on the amp down to about 2 (normal is 5 for a uke), to prevent the speaker from getting some breakup, not distortion but physical breakup....

4. This things GOT TONE! The treble and bass controls on the Hadean have quite an effective range, I'd say +/- 12db on their respective frequencies. Just messing around I was able to get some warm tubby reggae tones, some growling electric-sounding tones, as well as rolling off the bass most of the way, almost gives a real 'woody' upright bass tone...also very NICE...

5. Since this will be used for recording 90% of the time now, it seems that it will serve my purposes well. Upon first play it seems to be quite versatile....maybe the other acoustic Hadean uke bass that is on it's way is redundant? NAAH, one acoustic and one electric BOTH for 80% of the price for ONE Kala Rumbler U-Bass - can't beat that with a stick.

Very Happy right now :) but I have other stuff to do before dark. I will be playing it more later. The acoustic Hadean uke bass is scheduled to be delivered on next MON by UPS and I have 2 sets of Aquila RED Thunderguts on the way from Strings and Beyond that will be arriving shortly as well.

More later...

I ordered the Hadean both solid and acoustic when they first came out. I sent back the solid; I thought the acoustic was a good buy for the money. The thing is that I have a Kala California UBass and even my Kala SubUbass has pretty much gathered dust since I got the California. Whereas nothing seems to cure my UAS, the California UBass that I've had quite a while now seems to have cured any BAS that I have. If I got another Bass it would be another California UBass. I love to play the bass, but to me the bass is a tool. The California UBass does the job. With ukes I like the uke as a thing in itself, not just as a tool to make music.

I'm really looking forward to receiving the solid body Hadean next Tuesday. I have my Gold Tone, which satisfies the acoustic side for me, and of course the two steel string magnetic pickups for that side of the bass world. As you can see, they're not just a tool, but for enjoyment too, especially customizing. The acoustic u-bass fretless custom from Vietnam is in the closet for now until I can fix up the amplification.

I'll be playing the Gold Tone at the Santa Monica Ukulele Festival Saturday at 1 pm. Katysax, will you be playing bass with the Westside Ukulele Ensemble at 2:30?

Last edited:
OMG, Mike, these basses are sooooo cute! Especially the Paul McCartney one.....O....M....G! Makes me wish I'd kept my ubass and modded it!
I really think modding ukes is just as much fun, maybe more fun than buying them. I'll put up pix of my latest mod as soon as I get my computer outta the shop. (This is my work craptop, and I do mean Piece of Crap)

Booli, I just saw that bass. I like it! How much?
I need a wedding gift for my Sweetie.....

Booli, I just saw that bass. I like it! How much?
I need a wedding gift for my Sweetie.....

Hi Nickie,

I just got the sunburst solid-body model today. It was $149 plus $12.22 for 2 day UPS.

The Natural-wood acoustic one is set to be delivered on this coming Monday, and price was the same.

I like it a lot. You can see them at the links below:

the acoustic ones can also bee seen here:
http://www.rondomusic.com/camp.html

Looks like I got the last sunburst model in stock and I'm very happy with it. I've wanted a Uke-sized bass for a long time now and have been waiting for these to become available at the same time when I have the funds.

FYI, the solid-body model fit perfectly in the Lanakai baritone HARD BAG case that I have, so I'll be ordering another one of these:

FHB-367x705.jpg

http://lanikaiukuleles.com/product/lanikai-sidekick-printed-ukulele-hard-bag/

(bought off ebay for $43 + free shipping)

It does NOT however fit in the canvas-covered hardfoam Uke Crazy case because the uppor 'horn' is too long.

You can get one of these Hadean uke basses from the links above, but you cant have mine- LOL - I'm keeping it (them) :)

thanks for the bag test, good to hear you enjoy it. How is the intonation up at the 12th?

The preamp on mine uses 2 cr232 batteries and not a 9v. The range is still pretty good on the tone adjustment and it was slightly more flexible than the ashbory I had. I typically play bass full, treble about 50% to keep down finger noise.

thanks for the bag test, good to hear you enjoy it. How is the intonation up at the 12th?

With the Thunderguts, intonation at the 12th is spot on for the E,A and G strings, but the D string is about 4 cents sharp. The only adjustment I made was to raise the bass side of the bridge (3x total screw rotations) to prevent the E string from rattling against the fretboard.

I'm digging the fact that the pickup is so sensitive (and seems balanced across all 4 strings evenly), and that there's lots of dynamic range depending upon your right hand technique...

But I'm finding the white Thunderguts to be a bit sticky...waiitng on the REDS to arrive....

With the Thunderguts, intonation at the 12th is spot on for the E,A and G strings, but the D string is about 4 cents sharp

That's actually pretty good. Mine was ~10-12 cents consistently sharp. Just enough to drive me crazy and make me defret it. Actually I hope they do start selling these fretless and expand over into 5 string territory as well.

Thanks Booli.....when i can save up some dough, I think I'll order one for Tammy....she's been talking about it, saying she wished I hadn't given away my Ubass....

Hey Booli, what color is the output jack, none of Rondo's photos show it. I think it may be black, which means I'll replace it with chrome.

Still have my 34" Samick

I haven't gotten a rubber stringed bass yet. Hadean may be on the horizon. I lucked on this little 34" Samick P bass style.

Phil, I looked and looked at that, but because I have two steel string solid bodies with magnetic pickups I decided to hold, glad I did now that I ordered the poly string Hadean.

Top Bottom