Luthier tools cheaper then stew mac but same thing

Beau Hannam Ukuleles

Reaction score
I've used AES for vacuum tubes for tube amps.

Thanks for the link! The neck cradle rest looks nice.

Thanks Beau. Cheaper but not as cheap as I would like to see. I still can't afford my dream tools, but the price is getting cheaper.... You gotta love Capitalism. Still, there is no substitute for great customer service which trumps price in the end. Right LMI/SMD?... Ah, the brave new world of the internet. Sometimes I'm glad that I'm old and useless and just build ukuleles.

Yes, the router base is only $3 bucks cheaper. I do have that tool by the way, and it is nicely made and worth the price I think (sorta). I also own SMD's rosette cutter which I consider essential. It is also a nicely made tool but the price made me gulp a bit before I shelled out the cash ($81.50). As far as I can tell, it has a very nice fine brass adjustment screw, but $81 bucks! Gulp!

Yes, the router base is only $3 bucks cheaper. I do have that tool by the way, and it is nicely made and worth the price I think (sorta). I also own SMD's rosette cutter which I consider essential. It is also a nicely made tool but the price made me gulp a bit before I shelled out the cash ($81.50). As far as I can tell, it has a very nice fine brass adjustment screw, but $81 bucks! Gulp!

yer- the (new) base is nice and i have 3 already!

I've just discovered www.aliexpress.com Based in China, free shipping for much of the stuff and some real bargains (compared to NZ prices). Prices vary widely for the same item from different vendors so don't just look at the first price. Postage takes a couple of weeks but it's pretty secure because your money doesn't transfer until you've confirmed you're happy with the item. Recommend you take a look
Miguel

I've just discovered www.aliexpress.com Based in China, free shipping for much of the stuff and some real bargains (compared to NZ prices). Prices vary widely for the same item from different vendors so don't just look at the first price. Postage takes a couple of weeks but it's pretty secure because your money doesn't transfer until you've confirmed you're happy with the item. Recommend you take a look
Miguel

Ive never bought form them before but they have heaps of stuff- the descriptions of the cases isn't too helpful though.
They have nice side benders and very cheap humidifiers :)

Top Bottom