Clara in the NUD

My Clara has the MISI in so I have the strap button. There is no button on the heel, though. Because of this material, what is the safety factor of putting one in there without destroying the uke?

I'd just use the type that attaches to the headstock.

My Clara has the MISI in so I have the strap button. There is no button on the heel, though. Because of this material, what is the safety factor of putting one in there without destroying the uke?

Hi,

I have had this conversation with Joe and he feels strongly that a heel button would throw off the balance of the uke and given the design ...ie no heal there really no good place for it... unlike the bbt. I decided aesthetically it would look like a wart on the uke and do not use with a strap given its light weight.

Thanks, d. I am enjoying it very much. Playing a concert is new for me, and I was a bit worried as I have broad finger-ends (think Fred Flinstone), but I'm finding it very playable.

Hi McX,

This is good to hear....I like you area tenor player with my beloved BBT but the sound of the Clara really caught my ear.... still waiting for delivery but hoping the same results as yourself. Been playing my Kala travel uke when traveling to keep my finger memory but not very satisfying. Hoping this fits the bill!!!!

Top Bottom