Eastman EUS-3 Soprano

39ford

Reaction score
Not a review but rather a question....2 years on the US market and I can find no reviews buy one who owns one. There are a few videos on youtube but made by those who are biased.

Anyone care to weigh in?

Phil

I have owned an Eastman Concert (EUC) for about a year now, and I am very happy with it. All solid wood, excellent construction, classic mahogany tone. These are styled very similarly to vintage Martins, and deliver a very comparable tone. I think the Eastmans are one of the great bargains in the uke world right now, but they don't seem to have caught on. Part of that is limited product line (they are only making mahogany ukes), but I think the biggest issue is not many dealers are carrying them, so not many people have tried them.

I have an Eastman Concert and it's great. I like it as well as my Kamaka Tenor. Very high quality to price ratio.

I've never even seen an Eastman Uke, but one of the local music shops (Saratoga Guitar, in Saratoga Springs, NY) has a high opinion of the guitars, and attributes that to the years of experience as violin makers. His exact words: "Eastman is the only Chinese instrument manufacturer that I trust 100% to make a quality instrument every time."

The archtop guitars blew me away, but at twice the price of a Godin Fifth Avenue or an Indonesian-made Epiphone ES-175 reissue archtop, I wasn't able to afford one, when I was actively looking for an archtop guitar.

-Kurt​

I played one for the first time two weeks ago at the Philly Guitar Show and it seemed a little heavily built but sounded pretty good.

I have one and was going to review it but I did not do it since it cracked and I felt like the action was too high. I think it sounds OK, not the best I have played. the sound seems trapped and muted compared to the mainland soprano I have.

Top Bottom