Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Hide Away - SRV / Freddie King - Solo Blues Ukulele

  1. #1

    Default Hide Away - SRV / Freddie King - Solo Blues Ukulele

    Hey Guys!

    Here is my latest arrangement, hope you enjoy it!



    Cheers,

    Andrew
    http://RockClass101.com

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    2,836

    Default

    Technically excellent ....but sorry ...I feel that to my ears it lacks the Blues feeeeeeel ......really ...Look , I know that I play like shit ...but I know what I like to listen to ...your playing of this is spot on note for note .....but I personally feel it lacks , well , feeling ...Blues comes from the heart .....this comes from the head .........

    And , hey you know what ?...I wish that I could get feedback like this on my posts ...instead of ...either "awesome " which it is not (my stuff)...or completely ignored ....


    I know ...I can feel the laser sights of the "Hater" Assassins already ....but , honestly ?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    156

    Default

    Very cool. I had to post it on the Facebook wall of a buddy from Texas I've played blues with on and off for several decades.

    Back in the day if you had a blues band or gig in Texas, you HAD to play Hideaway, and you had to play it with swagger, bravado and attitude. It was the technical showpiece that said, "yeah - I've got some chops."
    I too, have nothing of value to add to this thread...

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CeeJay View Post
    Technically excellent ....but sorry ...I feel that to my ears it lacks the Blues feeeeeeel ......really ...Look , I know that I play like shit ...but I know what I like to listen to ...your playing of this is spot on note for note .....but I personally feel it lacks , well , feeling ...Blues comes from the heart .....this comes from the head .........

    And , hey you know what ?...I wish that I could get feedback like this on my posts ...instead of ...either "awesome " which it is not (my stuff)...or completely ignored ....


    I know ...I can feel the laser sights of the "Hater" Assassins already ....but , honestly ?
    Thanks for the feedback. I always try and play with feeling (notice the goofy faces lol), perhaps being such a classic guitar tune it is interesting to hear on uke? Either way, it was a fun tune to arrange on uke!

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LDS714 View Post
    Very cool. I had to post it on the Facebook wall of a buddy from Texas I've played blues with on and off for several decades.

    Back in the day if you had a blues band or gig in Texas, you HAD to play Hideaway, and you had to play it with swagger, bravado and attitude. It was the technical showpiece that said, "yeah - I've got some chops."
    Thanks for sharing it! I first tried to learn the song on guitar when I was 15 after watching SRV perform it. Great melody and tune to work on blues phrasing!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    2,836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewHardel View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I always try and play with feeling (notice the goofy faces lol), perhaps being such a classic guitar tune it is interesting to hear on uke? Either way, it was a fun tune to arrange on uke!
    Listening again ...it does not maybe suit the acoustic uke ? ...have you tried an amped up uke like the Les Paul by Epiphone ?

    It is electric geetar blues after all ....and LoL, yes you were pulling the most wonderful blues face ....it always amazes me how parts of the face are joined to the right hand when playing Blues...

    Don't get me wrong, the playing is great. And I do love me some blues .I bugger them up ,but I tries.

    Cheers

    Jarvo.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    751

    Default

    Hellacious my man.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bonesoup View Post
    Hellacious my man.
    Thanks Bonesoup!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •