Just placed the order.....

JJN

Reaction score
Just ordered a Kanilea Super Tenor from HMS. I'm a little nervous.

Your nervousness may be what the psychologists refer to as cognitive dissonance. It's expensive but it's a good brand from a good retailer, it'll be fine.

Congratulations. Great choice of Ukulele. Tremendous retailer. Andrew will take care of you.

Not to worry, Kanile'a ukes are awesome, and Andrew & Crew will take care of everything! Congrats! :shaka:

Just ordered a Kanilea Super Tenor from HMS. I'm a little nervous.

Pardon my ignorance but is a Super Tenor an instrument that has a tenor body and a 19"(baritone) scale length?

Pardon my ignorance but is a Super Tenor an instrument that has a tenor body and a 19"(baritone) scale length?

The only difference is the super tenor has a wider lower bout. Same 17" scale length as a normal tenor. I really like the sound they produce, has full rich bass tones.

Congratulations JJN, The only thing to be nervous about is how your other ukes will feel when this bad boy shows up.

In March I purchased a Kanilea Island Tattoo concert from HMS and was super nervous about the purchase.

Until it arrived.

It looked far more beautiful than even the great photos on the website revealed. It has a gorgeous sound.

Look forward to a similar experience. HMS is super and Andrew is phenomenal.

Last edited:
JJN,
Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing your new uke reveal. Now the hardest part is waiting for it to arrive.

Congratulations! I have the exact same uke and love it. I also got mine from HMS and it arrived beautifully set up. I hope you will like yours too. P.S. I found that Living Waters strings surpass others on this uke.

I have a Kanilea Super Tenor I bought after trying it at HMS. I found one used, which was more in line with my financial capabilities.

I didn't really bond with it, personally, until I put on a low G - and then it all clicked!

Butterflies huh? Go with the feeling, it's part of the experience of ending your UAS for a while!

Like the expectant groom, waiting at the altar..... Just wait, the honeymoon is about to start!!!! Congratulations.

Top Bottom