Season 168 - Go Out and See the Lights of Night!

Get your writing hat on then Mark. You are an excellent songwriter!
Thanks Bernie - I find that difficult, but perhaps I will. In the meantime my wife has given me an excellent really cheesy song idea that I'm going to do.

I'm feeling a bit stumped with this theme.
I'm with ya there Markwo. I've got a couple possibilities but they're kind of stretching the theme a bit, I think. I can come up with some Rabbit songs but the "Light" thing is tough, since I gather that just having the word "Light" in the song isn't enough. My brain hurts a little bit.

Last edited:
I've seen the bright lights of Memphis and the Commodore Hotel
And, underneath a street lamp I met a Southern Belle

Bright light, big city, gone to my baby's head
Whoa, bright light, an' big city, gone to my baby's head
I tried to tell the woman, but she don't believe a word I said

Though no mention of city lights, this song is entirely about putting on airs and going about the town in your finest. Hmm, just noticed after publishing and sharing that I cut my head off in the vid! haha

If this one not allowed in the theme I still have other songs I am working on that easily will qualify.

Hmm, wonder if Eddie Rabbitt did a song with city lights or city outings in it...

Thanks Bernie - I find that difficult, but perhaps I will. In the meantime my wife has given me an excellent really cheesy song idea that I'm going to do.

Little Bunny Foo Foo? My daughter is hoping to do that one. I figure all the Seasonistas with kids will be tempted.

168/1

This was almost the first one I thought of when I saw the theme.

Hmm! We seem to be getting a lot of blank screen thumbnails. I wonder why? It's like that on my channel so it's got to do with Google messing up in some way.

I hope one of our honky tonk Cowboys (my autocorrect won't allow me to make that a lowercase C) does City Lights.

Withdrawn as an entry . Withdrawn.

Capo at fifth fret guitar , Sounds like ....well , a capo at fifth fret guitar.....

So thanks , but gone from here . New entry later on .

Later Edit

Uke41a would like to keep this on the playlist so I'll put the link back . Thanks.

Last edited:
Oh, roar a roar for Nora
Our Nora burning bright
For she has seen aurora
Borealis in the night -- Walt Kelly

I'm sort of torn. The Northern Lights are indeed bright lights at night that fill someone with wonder. I also want to hear someone play a Renaissance song in the Seasons. On the other hand, I don't want everyone to just give me songs about the moon and stars. I am going to say yeah, go ahead. And I'm going back to the original post to say that songs about the moon and stars aren't enough.

Wait, does that mean no "C-A-M-P-F-I-R-E S-O-N-G Song"
I guess "Starry Night" by Chris August is out too...

I still have a Francesca Battistelli and a Kari Jobe up my sleeve, a bit out of my vocal range though... okay, more than a bit...

Last edited:
Wait, does that mean no "C-A-M-P-F-I-R-E S-O-N-G Song"
I guess "Starry Night" by Chris August is out too...

Hey, we can always do stars and campfires in another season and do the neons and 'leccy lights in this one ....
all is cool ......

Top Bottom