"Rocketsale" bug?

Nickie

Reaction score
There are rocketsale ads popping up everywhere on UU today. Anyone else have this bug?

Last edited:
Thanks....he's going way too fast for me. I don't see what he's talking about on my computer. I have different stuff that I don't know
WTH it is. I'll try tomorrow when I'm not so tired.

This is not a UU site issue. You've been hit with adware.

http://www.2-viruses.com/remove-rocketsale

What antivirus programs do you use and how often do you run them?

I don't know how savvy you are, but a little program like autoruns can help you pinpoint where it's coming from so you can disable/remove it. Of course, it can be dangerous to just willy-nilly disable things you aren't 100% sure of. Windows runs so much crap it can be hard to tell what's legit.

Sorry the first link was supposed to go here it seems I doubled the address in the link sorry: http://malwaretips.com/blogs/ads-by-rocketsaler-removal/

It is always a good thing to do things like this when fresh. Nothing worst than fixing mistakes made when tired or stressed.

~peace~

BTW of course it is possible you have something else but the name fits. If you see different files google them on a different computer as the smart ones redirect your searches as well.

"You should always pay attention when installing software because often, a software installer includes optional installs, such as this RocketSaler adware. Be very careful what you agree to install.
Always opt for the custom installation and deselect anything that is not familiar, especially optional software that you never wanted to download and install in the first place."

Last edited:
"You should always pay attention when installing software because often, a software installer includes optional installs, such as this RocketSaler adware. Be very careful what you agree to install.
Always opt for the custom installation and deselect anything that is not familiar, especially optional software that you never wanted to download and install in the first place."
Absolutely! Much of the time the end user has unwittingly agreed to install stuff they don't really want, such as toolbars and adware like this. That's what happens when you just check the box saying you agree to their terms without even reading them.

Thanks Al, itsme, the addons are gone. I now have Kaspersky and Malware protection and my computer is all cleaned up!

Top Bottom