NUD _ Kala KA-TG

4stringsinner

Reaction score
Fed Ex delivered her today straight from HMS. I am not much of a gloss finish type guy on my acoustics usually. But I am liking this little beauty more and more each time I look at it. For a low buck entry level laminate ukulele it has a really nice tone, good looks, and feels like a really good instrument should. Hats off to the guys at HMS for making my day! I can find nothing wrong or not as perfect as I could wish for. I don't know if they had to do any fret work on it before they sent it but they are very nice. I mean very, very nice. I've bought guitars that cost almost 5 times as much as this uke with frets that left scars and looked like a rollercoaster track. This is a very enjoyable neck to play. Did I mention I like the way it looks? Rope binding would be the only thing I'd change as far as looks and that's just because I am really partial to rope binding. Tuners are smooth and tight. I decided to protect it with a uke crazy case and had HMS install strap buttons. Its a keeper for sure. I'll have to add a few pictures tomorrow when the sun is out and I can find an appropriate background. Now off to play till I can't keep my eyes open any more.....Hmm....maybe I'll call in sick tomorrow....

Congrats on your new uke! Can't wait to see pics!

I had a concert version of this for a time, and felt it was a steal of a deal. Not fancy, but great sound and at the end of the day, that's what it's all about, for me.

Top Bottom