seasonistas play other instruments

A set of three of my own tunes played on a variety of instruments: Whistles, Recorders, Ukuleles. Details are in the YouTube description.

A cover of a beautiful Michael Hermiston song, with Mel Meow on guitar and vocals and me on keys and backing vocals:

I've just bought myself a looper. Here is my first effort with it. I used the looper to play a bass line, then played and sang over it. The song is a medieval one in Middle English and dates from somewhere between 1200 & 1250. I song both the Middle English Lyrics and a modern English translation.

I can play piano but I'm not very skilful at it, can only do easy beginner stuff, nevertheless I think this song was a reasonably good tribute to a WW2 veteran

And here's the other side to me...

This is a song that Lynda (aka bird’s eye view of my ukulele) originally wrote and performed on baritone ukulele for season 504 (see here) . I liked it a lot - the music and the message. It’s been a while since our collaborative duo,Yazuke, recorded anything, so we’ve reworked the song on keyboards and added some rhythm and backing vocals. Hope you like! :)
Thank you Lynda! :)

Greetings fellow seasonistas. Been busy playing music, but not the little ukulele recently. Here is a video from a blues jam...

exciting, fascinating posts here...

Just here to post an old video (which I uploaded recently), and will head back to work.
(half day on New Year's eve:))

Happy Birthday, Lynda.
You were the one who introduced me to the Seasons, and, although I don't care too much about numbers,
I remember being the 6th subscriber on you channel. It is wonderful to hear you grow and "change" over the years. I put inverted commas because I feel you are still the same in the core. So, what I see is more a kind of "just being who you are and letting it flow out naturally". And that is true for many of our fellow Seasonistas here, which is what is nice about this lil' corner of the internet world.

Me on guitar here. An original written for Lesley's Going To The Fair season, and using you as an inspiration.

55 is not a bad number. ;-)

Hey is it too late for a Christmas song?
I made this on trumpet.

exciting, fascinating posts here...

Just here to post an old video (which I uploaded recently), and will head back to work.
(half day on New Year's eve:))

Happy Birthday, Lynda.
You were the one who introduced me to the Seasons, and, although I don't care too much about numbers,
I remember being the 6th subscriber on you channel. It is wonderful to hear you grow and "change" over the years. I put inverted commas because I feel you are still the same in the core. So, what I see is more a kind of "just being who you are and letting it flow out naturally". And that is true for many of our fellow Seasonistas here, which is what is nice about this lil' corner of the internet world.

Me on guitar here. An original written for Lesley's Going To The Fair season, and using you as an inspiration.

55 is not a bad number. ;-)

Wow! So great!! Thanks so much, Joo! Happy birthday to meeeeeeeeeeee!!! 😎

And here’s another original instrumental - headphones recommended:

Yet another original synth instrumental - this one’s a bit more upbeat:

Here's a Guy Clark song that I posted to the Facebook group Old Guitar Pickers. Their weekly challenge is to play a song by the Featured Artist of the Week (FAW) who, this week, is the late Guy Clark. Even though I only saw him live once, about 3 decades ago, I'm a huge fan of his work.

Top Bottom