seasonistas play other instruments

Here's another recording I made for a rehab facility, this time on accordion, which i am still trying to learn. It's not easy trust me.....

Here's another video I recorded for a rehab center. I've been working on this song for a good while now off and on. It's taken me this long to be able to play it all the way thru, still not perfect, but just getting thru it was a small victory for me on my difficult journey trying to learn accordion. I still have a long long ways to go, but I'm slowly making progress. I need to practice a lot more, but.....

I've been working on this arrangement for sometime but just got round to recording it. I did a different version some time ago but when I re-listened to I realised how awful it was. This version is for three recorders - I played two altos and a tenor here - with help from midi for the bass line and the horn at the beginning. The bass line can be played on a bass recorder but I thought a string bass sound was better for this particular music.

More music made with rubberbands! With an animation by my lil' nephew Jensen.

When I hear a song I haven't heard in years that I like, I just have to try it, which I did here on the Autoharp. Worked this up very quick.

All sounds created from stretched rubber bands over shoe box. Door knocking played on shoe box. Snoring and heavy breathing sounds.
Video made with my original paintings.

You hooked me with the low D whistle, Geoff, (looks like a Tony Dixon aluminium, I've got a few of theirs too) - sounded good. :)

It is a Tony Dixon low D aluminium. I already have a Dixon Polymer low D. I got the aluminium one to see if it had a bit more power. It does but it also seems more breathy which the raw recording accentuated. A judicious application of EQ tamed it without losing the character of the sound.

Video camera counts as an instrumen? Certainly the mixing and editing is musical. Featuring the latest tunes from Jon Duncan

Top Bottom