seasonistas play other instruments

Hey everyone! It's been a while since I've been around here, busy studying and working. However, I thought you'd like this original song I wrote with my husband and daughter. It has a little uke, but is mostly guitar.

Here’s a Yazuke cover of a fantastic song written by the brilliant Bob J King. We’ve replaced the vocal of our earlier version with that of a surprise guest vocalist - see if you can work out who it is before the big reveal a little way into the video! :)

Yes - it’s a Depeche Mode cover! Surprised? Me neither! :)
Headphones recommended!

Last edited:
A new GarageBand version of a song I wrote way back in the mid 1980s on a Kawai K1 synth and recorded back then on an Alesis MMT8 MIDI sequencer, using a Kawai R50 drum machine for the rhythms (this information will only be of interest to complete anoraks like me and Brian Fergus!) ;)

Last edited:
It's hard to believe that it's been five years today, May 17, 2021, since Guy Clark left the planet. It was hard to decide which Guy Clark song to play today, so I played a bunch of 'em, but decided to turn on the phone and record this one, probably the first of Guy's songs that I ever played.
Guy Clark - November 6, 1941 – May 17, 2016

Last edited:
Hi Seasonistas, I hope you are all well and that life is treating you good. The world is opening up here and there and I managed to participate in a Blues jam earlier this week... albeit not on ukulele. All the best Mads

I discovered this awesome app called folioscope last year and had a lot of fun with it.
I played a little wooden frog percussion thing and the kalimba here.

My singing is weak in this. In an actual wedding, I would like to have a strong vocalist and play the music on one of my pump organs.

July 14, 2021 is the 36th anniversary of the best move I ever made. 36 years agoI married the girl of my dreams, Maggie Ross.
Maggie just informed me that we've been married for 37 years.
Gee, it seems like only 36.

Wedding smiles.jpg
37 years ago

Wedding day D, M, C.jpg
Maggie admited that she loved Clay and Darcy before she told me that she loved me. They talked about "our wedding" and had fun throwing confetti on Maggie.

Our House July 2021.jpg
We had been together for 4 years and owned a house before getting married, so the after party was held at our home where we still live today.

wmi.jpg
Our wedding dinner was held at the Welcome Motor Inn and our families stayed there as well. It was a much classier place 36 years ago.

This is one of the first songs Maggie and I ever performed together. She sang it and played guitar and I played clawhammer banjo. I've slowed it down and only sung the second verse here.

Attachments

• 20 Ellen.jpg
    20 Ellen.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
A couple of recent collaborations with the very talented Mel Meow:

Top Bottom