seasonistas play other instruments

You're a glutton for punishment, Lynda. :biglaugh::cheers::music:

Both my uke & my harmonica journeys are now open to others to see how I got on with learning to play instruments, hopefully they will encourage others to have a go, it's never too late to give it a try. :)

Just arseing about trying out a few strokes on an old 6 string that I forgot I had in my shed ...yeah...I know...need to thin the herd and get some quality wood. This is a Vintage (as in brand) 6 stringer tuned gGDGBD. I don't like the aluminium pots on these entry level machines , but when I bought it about 8 years ago I had no idea about banjos, Year later bought a Deering Carolina King Leader, but I can't get my head round the lack of bass.......

Last edited:

The Marijuana Farmer

One summer I tried growing marijuana
In a garden behind my home
A perfect spot for growing pot I thought
I had everything I’d need

I used the kids toy box for a planter
Filled it with dirt seed and water
Got a grow light and knew I might
Soon be smoking primo weed

I moved the plants out to the garden
And added some manure
I got from a cow, don’t ask how
But I’m sure it would grow good grass

Then the garden caught on fire
Everything burned right to the ground
I think someone poured gas on my grass
Cause they were jealous of my stash

But somehow it all grew back
The corn, the beans, and peas
Shot up and I was pleased
And the Mary Jane grew as tall as ever did in my dreams

The plants grew taller than the corn
That was supposed to camouflage them
They towered but never flowered.
I picked ‘em any way

Time to light up the pipe
And take the first toke
Might as well had been smokin’ rope
All that time and effort I found out why they called it dope.

Did I try to grow pot again? Nope.

I'm going to assume that this Buck Owens song has never been played on a Dulcimer before, not that this is historic or anything. lol I just wanted to try it.

VICTORY ... of sorts!

Only sharing this as a matter of interest. I have always thought that I would be unable to play the guitar as I have VERY small hands. (And, YES, I know that hand size shouldn't really come into it - it's all just a question of technique; but I really struggle.) I found this Fender Parlour Guitar online second hand - it has a 1.625" nut and a short scale of 24". I don't like glossy, bling and all-laminate, but I bought it for its measurements, and, miracle of miracles, I can ALMOST play it! I have no idea why I chose to play this song and I know it's really rough, but the guitar only came yesterday and, for me, this is a real achievement! (If anyone else is interested in acquiring this model, I think it has been discontinued, but the dreadnought version is still available.)

I recorded this great song on ukulele last week, and then I kinda messed with it briefly on dulcimer unrecorded, but thought it might work nicely on the dulcimer, so I tried it today. This is the first take.

Top Bottom