seasonistas play other instruments

The synth timbre on this one instantly took me back to the 80's! It was a Prophet 6 preset in Arturia's Analog Lab.

The whale sounds are a reversed, half timed, and transposed +12 flute progression.

'As Yet Untitled' - a Smooth Jazz Guitar improvisation. Was playing around with some chord changes and came up with this little instrumental on the B&G Little Sister Crossroads semi hollow guitar. I haven't been playing much guitar over the last few years but have lately been noticing that all my ukulele practicing and playing is also benefiting my guitar playing. I am only a novice into jazz playing but am enjoying exploring new stuff within this genre.

I can hardly believe it. They made me the coordiator of the making music clyb

I couldn't think where else to put this - it's not a misfit though, it's my family. And Jon Duncan's new release. And my video editing labor...

Those of you who know me know that I've done a lot of traveling over the last 5-6 years, but 2019 has been different. Whereas I used to make about the same number of travel videos as SOTU videos, this year not so much. In fact this footage is from Early January 2019 when my parents came to visit me here in Myanmar. We rented an SUV and drove all over the Burmese countryside. The footage is old and the music - two tracks from (the mess inside) Jon's A Short History of Everything release on Half a Cow Records. I used the tracks because the titles seemed appropriate and they were the right length for the video.. but thematically, I think they worked out well. The first song is about me and ex; the second song is about my Mom and Dad.

Pls adjust your video settings - best seen in the original 1080p res.

Crossing hobbies here... no, not cross-dressing, using U-bass to explain to a discouraged English learner that she needs to stop trying so hard and just play simpler things.

JIngle Bell Rock (Guitar)

Like I said in my Season 409 entry, I learnt this song, because a client wanted me to teach him it. I simplified it considerably for him, but this is the full-flavour arrangement, based on the ActiveMelody YouTube Tutorial, which is mostly very good indeed, but which has this weird arrangement: verse 1, verse 3, bridge, coda; when it should be verse 1, 2, bridge, 3, coda; and as a result their arrangement contains some odd chord sequences not in the original.

Strangler On the Floor is the nickname that the composer of the tune gave to his masterpiece Stranger On The Shore. A piece that he originally wrote for his daughter, it was used in a TV programme of the same name and in a 90's film, Mr Holland's Opus. The backing is a "Karaoke Version" recording of ,I believe the original backing track played by the orchestra that Mr Bilk recorded with, the Leon Young String Chorale. This is just a demo of my playing since I started 5 months ago. Wobbly here and there and a couple of nasty stops and squeaks thrown in. Thanks for listening,any critique is welcome.

That's one I used to play when I had my 'licorice stick'. :)

Those octave jumps do give you a bit of a work out. ;)

I find that when recording I start to tense up as I approach the high register....when I'm just noodling I don't and it sounds far smoother and , well ,relaxed. Red Light complex I suppose LOL. More to come . Cheers CK.

Top Bottom