seasonistas play other instruments

Two choons I wrote over 15 years ago.

Multitracking with three recorders and a baritone ukulele. The audio was recorded and mixed using a Boss BR800 multitrack recorder.

We're practically neighbours, Tootler!

That was a jolly combination, btw

been thinking about my dad a lot lately.
i wrote this song and recorded it live in a local studio back in 2007 -
just acoustic guitar and the words.
i miss him so much.

I often play around with open tunings on the guitar. Here I am fiddling around with a bit of Dylan in open g# (d# g# c d# g# c)

Been a while so I did a video recital. I decided to mic with an SM-57 from underneath the toy piano and used Izotope Rx de-click vst to reduce/remove key clacking. I am happy with the result.

This one is actually a bit of strange music with the combination of Tabla drums, Taiko drums, and a couple stringed instruments called a Veena along with an Erhu. The inspiration came from buying a program to allow me to use 32 bit vst instruments in my copy of Ableton Live 10 Lite. There were a bunch of free vst plugins from a company called DSK that I have been wanting to use.

A check on progress after 7 months of blowing to see if I could.
When I was a kid I couldn't get a sound out of this liquorice stick type contraption which belonged to a school
chum, musta been about 12 or 13 yo.

Now at 61 just loving it !!! It's not perfect. But then nor am I LOLOLOL.

Best laid plans never survive once the red light goes on. Fingers fudge, fingerings get forgotten and improvisation suddenly becomes the order of the day. :biglaugh::music::wtf:

HI fellow seasonistas,

I hope you are all well in these crazy times. I haven't really recorded anything in a while as I am focusing on jazz guitar lessons (which has now moved onto skype).

Here is a little preview of some of the stuff I am working on.

All the best.
Mads

I suddenly have a lot of time on my hands - I have been furloughed from work! So I thought I would redo from scratch on GarageBand for iPad a song I wrote in the early 1990s (on a Kawai K1 synth, using Trackman sequencing software running on an Atari ST computer for anyone with a knowledge of these things and a very good memory!). Been a lot of fun! Please listen with headphones for the full experience! :)

Last edited:
I wrote this one this morning - loosely based on a finger warming-up routine I sometimes do before playing my keyboards. It’s not quite orchestral and not quite classical but quite far removed from the kind of stuff I normally play and write. It builds gradually so please stick with it to the end if you can! :)

A Toye

The first of what I hope is a long journey through renaissance Lute music. This arrangement from Rob MacKillop’s “Introduction to the Lute for Lute and Guitar players”.

Played on a Cordoba Protege C1M 1/4 size guitar, tuned up to G# with the third string down a half step. You can play Lute tabs right off the page with this tuning.

Last edited:
So when I was was putting this Depeche Mode cover together for Ryan’s Season (428), I was really pleased with how it was sounding - until I added the electric uke part! I posted it anyway, and I know it’s probably akin to sacrilege to say this anywhere on the forum, but I think it’s better (less cluttered and with a much cleaner sound) without the uke! I’ve made a few adjustments to vocal balances and effects here too. :)

Top Bottom