seasonistas play other instruments

This will stop soon, I promise! :)
Yes - it‘s another original instrumental! Slower, synth piano, strings and bass. Give it time - it builds.

I wrote and posted this as an instrumental piece only yesterday (see above) - which is all it was at that stage. Then today I asked the glorious Liz Brinker if she could write and sing some lyrics for it. Just a few hours later and wow - did she deliver in abundance here! Her words and her voice utterly transformed this into something very special!
Thank you Liz!

Another new song
We’re in Spring

It stopped snowing again

The grass is growing again

And it needs mowing again

I’m seeing green

Get out the old John Deere

I really like it here

When it’s becoming clear

That we’re in Spring

Do do do

Up come the daffodils

I’m getting tulip thrills

And hear the sparrows trill

A pair of doves coo

Time to get bicyclin’

See everybody pedallin’

Nature is revelin’

Everything is renewed

Do do do

It stopped snowing again

The grass is growing again

And it needs mowing again

I’m seeing green

Get out the old John Deere

I really like it here

When it’s becoming clear

That we’re in Spring

Trying out my new cajon. I think it will be easier to record and more suitable accompaniment for my ukes than a full drum kit.

My first attempt at a Baroque guitar piece. I have restrung my guitar to a reentrant tuning. Drop D with strings 4-6 an octave higher. It’s like a large Baritone Uke with low and high 4th strings in separate places.

I posted this original song here a few days ago as an instrumental, but took it down when I realised it needed some lyrics and something extra. I hope this works a little better now.

I submitted a collab with myself to SOTU 522, but the balance between the instruments is poor. I decided to upload the flute video separately.
I've always been very disappointed with the sound of my flutes in recordings, so I'm trying another room and maybe also devices to see which sound samples are best.

Here's Turlough O'Carolan's Planxty Fanny Power on my Yamaha flute.

I'm still lurking and occasionally make recordings. Here's Brian Boru's march a traditional Irish tune on whistle with accompaniment by my latest "toy", a metal tongue drum. It provides tuned percussion. I used a looper to produce a basic accompaniment pattern which then repeats as often as necessary. The whistle is double tracked. Someone on a group I belong to suggested double tracking then panning the two tracks left and right to get a decent stereo image. I tried it and it works, though the co-ordination of the two tracks is not always as precise as it could be. The pictures are the giants causeway - I know that's not actually Brian Boru but I happen to have the pictures from a visit to Northern Ireland a few years ago.

I don't play my guitars much anymore...because of those ukuleles that monopolise my time:) but I do have a couple of very nice ones. I just had extensive repairs done to this 1951 Gibson LG-2. And it is sounding real nice. Although my ears have been massaged into nylon string appreciation. The steel sounds good here.

I don't play my guitars much anymore...because of those ukuleles that monopolise my time:) but I do have a couple of very nice ones. I just had extensive repairs done to this 1951 Gibson LG-2. And it is sounding real nice. Although my ears have been massaged into nylon string appreciation. The steel sounds good here.

A guitar I use quite often nowadays is my 1950 LG-1. It looks just like your LG-2, John, but doesn't have the coveted X bracing.
Here's an old swing song I learned from The Kingston Trio.

Last edited:
an improv on kalimba, for some drawings I made, inspired by a letter from a friend

A song I love to play on guitar and since I'm fast approaching my 79th birthday, I feel qualified. It's called An Old Man's Advice by Vance Gilbert.

Top Bottom