seasonistas play other instruments

Here's an old vid of me on guitar and my friend Gretchen on banjo uke. I seldom play my beloved Gibson guitar anymore since I've been uking in the Seasons. Only so much time in the day...

I love this one Myrna! :)

Thanks for sharing! :music:

#

Goodbye BB King, this is the only song that I can do that I have heard him perform ...to my eternal shame......

We won the State Championship that day
wow that was AMAZING!!!!!!!! thanks so much for finding that vid for us, and posting it

This is a cool thread Birdseye. It's interesting to see what other instruments we all play. It's funny - I haven't touched my guitars since I picked up my 1st uke.
people are certainly bringing amazingness and making this a VERY cool thread indeed!

like you, once I got a uke, that was it for me, it was all uke all the time, my classical guitar and bass guitars didn't get a look in!

for me, my new tenor guitar is like a big old steel string baritone uke, i'm playing it just like I play my bari - upstrumming and wotnot! - but the steel strings on the tenor guitar give everything a very different, ringing sound. the sustain is incredible, strings ring out for oooooooooooh feels like at least half an hour after you stop playing! ;)

interestingly, the humble baritonics website guy just posted this vid by the southern ukulele store here in the UK, demo-ing pono's new BIG BARITONE UKE, basically a tenor guitar sized, baritone uke (nylon strings)

here's another big baritone, different wood, southern ukulele store guy again...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tus6gg8hFFo

and the first big bari again, demo-ed here in a vimeo vid on the ukulele site product listing page...

http://www.theukulelesite.com/pono-bn-10d-baritone-nui-pro-classic-acacia-deluxe.html

they are only a grand each :eek: think i'll buy two! ;)

interestingly, the humble baritonics website guy just posted this vid by the southern ukulele store here in the UK,
The player is better known as Paul from the great local uke band the 'Motherukers'.

I'm gonna start a campaign..... 'Keep the uke small', 'Out the closet guitarists', 'Four strings are enough' !! Lol :D

Last edited:
The player is better known as Paul from the great local uke band the 'Motherukers'.

I'm gonna start a campaign..... 'Keep the uke small', 'Out the closet guitarists', 'Four strings are enough' !! Lol :D

Go for it. The problem with guitars is they have too many strings. :rofl:

wow that was AMAZING!!!!!!!! thanks so much for finding that vid for us, and posting it

people are certainly bringing amazingness and making this a VERY cool thread indeed!

like you, once I got a uke, that was it for me, it was all uke all the time, my classical guitar and bass guitars didn't get a look in!

for me, my new tenor guitar is like a big old steel string baritone uke, i'm playing it just like I play my bari - upstrumming and wotnot! - but the steel strings on the tenor guitar give everything a very different, ringing sound. the sustain is incredible, strings ring out for oooooooooooh feels like at least half an hour after you stop playing! ;)

interestingly, the humble baritonics website guy just posted this vid by the southern ukulele store here in the UK, demo-ing pono's new BIG BARITONE UKE, basically a tenor guitar sized, baritone uke (nylon strings)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6gEo6801wo

here's another big baritone, different wood, southern ukulele store guy again...

and the first big bari again, demo-ed here in a vimeo vid on the ukulele site product listing page...

http://www.theukulelesite.com/pono-bn-10d-baritone-nui-pro-classic-acacia-deluxe.html

they are only a grand each :eek: think i'll buy two! ;)

Yeah - as the ower of a 21-fret 23"-scale-length, probably bari, possibly tenor guitar, I was very grateful to see that video come out!

Last edited:
A video in which I play the harmonica and the triangle whilst trying to
promote the aquacadabra sub-sonic super woofer bermuda triangle hydroponics system.
I tried to market the system, but perhaps I overpriced it just a little bit.

The fatter I get the more I want one of those. Worth every penny! ;)

Lol! For real, lol! When I see vids where I'm playing my soprano, I crack up at how it makes me look bigger, than when I play my concert. Maybe I should hide behind my guitar and I won't be so worried about it.

As I may have said in the past, I started with guitar, and moved to uke. So i may be one of those evil "closet guitarists." :3 Still here's a video from my "other" youtube channel I recorded back in January

you know it think it's old age affecting my eyes

because I sort of really really LOOK like I have fat bits

and it really really LOOKS like none of my clothes fit anymore

but surely it can't be true?!

A squeezy thing I practiced for tonight cos I might do it at the Blenkinsopp Open Mic......

you know it think it's old age affecting my eyes

because I sort of really really LOOK like I have fat bits

and it really really LOOKS like none of my clothes fit anymore

but surely it can't be true?!

Sometimes when I look in the mirror, I think that my head is a fat bit! :rofl:

:smileybounce:

Top Bottom