seasonistas play other instruments

I guess this belongs here...

Not a single ukulele in sight. I acquired an extremely cheap and very beat up old guitar (biggest damn guitar I ever saw!) from a charity shop. Tuned it to open D, mucked around for a bit and came up with this.
Some overdubbed slidin' and twiddlin' with a garnish of GarageBand piano.

Started learning this for S627, but it felt more like 6/8 to me than 3/4, so I just kept it purely as a piano practice. It was nice for me to mess around and see what notes I could add or what inversions I could use by using my music brain & my ears instead of relying on the internet.

Here’s my synth cover of a fabulous Jon Duncan @mountain goat original. He wrote it in 2019 and did a new version of it a week or two back for Season 628. I loved it - so much so that I asked him if I could cover it. Luckily he kindly agreed - thank you, Jon!

And while I’m about it, a few years back I covered another Jon Duncan @mountain goat original, which I still consider to be one of the best covers I’ve ever done. I hope you’ll excuse me re-posting that one here:

Last edited:
Mitch just shared a Jerry Lee Lewis song It Was The Whiskey Talking Not Me in Del's Love Your Larynx Season. I'm too late to enter this one, so I found an old video I made a few years back (You can tell by my haircut that it was during COVID lockdown)
This is Just The Whiskey Talkin' by the late Joe Hall from Peterborough, Ontario.

Top Bottom