Tenor Ukulele Oak 'n' Roll

grenosi

Reaction score
Hi!

A couple of weeks ago I finished this jazzy tenor ukulele:

grenosi tenor ukulele oak 'n' roll 01-1.jpggrenosi tenor ukulele oak 'n' roll 03-1.jpggrenosi tenor ukulele oak 'n' roll 04-1.jpggrenosi tenor ukulele oak 'n' roll 05-1.jpg

This ukulele is free of tropical wood.
Some technical details:
top: red cedar
back, sides, headstock veneer: oak
neck: cherry
tailpiece: cherry veneered with common locust
bridge: cherry
radiused fingerboard: common locust
binding: common locust
finish: shellac
tuners: Schaller Grand Tune

Greetings from Vienna, Gregor

Very beautiful work.

A very handsome "Jazzy" looking piece of work.

Ditto on the 'F' holes. Design really works... Funny, but looking at it makes me want to pick it up and play. I'll bet it is LOUD.

Looks great!

However, when I click the link in your signature to go to grenosi.com, I get the following error message:

"Fehler beim Aufbau einer Datenbankverbindung"

which google translate tells me means:

"Error establishing a database connection"

So, it seems that your web site might be offline right now...maybe something worth looking into?

Beautiful uke. The soundhole design coupled with the tail piece reminds me of Guy Fawkes for some reason. Very cool.

The soundhole design coupled with the tail piece reminds me of Guy Fawkes for some reason.

:D I was thinking Pumbaa the warthog... looks very ellegant, though. Is that an arched top?

Hi!

Thank you very much for your nice comments.
I finally managed to make a video of the ukulele:

Greetings from Vienna, Gregor

P.S: @Booli: Yes, my website is offline at the moment because I wanted to change some things and somehow I f... up. So it will take a couple of days until my website will rise from the dead.

Thank you very much, Pete! I feel very honoured to get such a compliment.

Sieht lecker aus und klingt wirklich toll - je später der Abend, desto jazziger die Ukulele.

I've been a fan of your ukes for a long time. Love the sound holes on this one. I've tried oak a few times but never got the sound I wanted.

Kudos.

Gregor, absolutely beautiful to look at and even better to hear played (so darned well!).
Having already made one floating bridge uke and a number of banjolele's I think this technique is the way forward for me (with my fixed bridge intonation issues). What did you use for the tail piece?
Max

P.S Sorry Austria got no points in this years Eurovision Song Contest, maybe you should enter next year.

Beautiful instrument! I also like the idea of a floating bridge, would certainly help with setting up.

Bob

Sieht lecker aus und klingt wirklich toll - je später der Abend, desto jazziger die Ukulele.

I've been a fan of your ukes for a long time. Love the sound holes on this one. I've tried oak a few times but never got the sound I wanted.

Kudos.

Vielen Dank!
Oak is fine for backs and sides. It looks nice when it is quartersawn and it's quite easy to bend. A cedar top and oak makes a decent ukulele.

Greetings, Gregor

Gregor, absolutely beautiful to look at and even better to hear played (so darned well!).
Having already made one floating bridge uke and a number of banjolele's I think this technique is the way forward for me (with my fixed bridge intonation issues). What did you use for the tail piece?
Max

P.S Sorry Austria got no points in this years Eurovision Song Contest, maybe you should enter next year.

Thank you, Max!
The tailpiece is made of cherry veneered with common locust. The tailstring is a Kevlar-String.

Speaking of the Song Contest: The Song of The Makemakes wasn't that bad. But they had not chosen wisely their instruments. With ukuleles (of course ukuleles from Vienna's leading ukulele-maker of the hearts) they would have outpaced the swedish singer.

Greetings, Gregor

Top Bottom