NUD: Meet Marty.

Steve. A "friend" told me that mixing those shrooms in with yogurt makes them more palatable :)

I was afraid you had named Your new uke " Marty ". Now I read about the shrooms and it all makes sense. I havent had any in many years but
I hate the taste so the yogurt is a good idea.

Can't do yogurt!

Very nice find, Mr. Cool K..

Hahahaha. Oh man this is great. How much do I love you guys...

Thanks for the humor and replies, friends.

I know you have a Martin tenor and, I think, a newer "vintage" Martin soprano in your playing collection, PeeWeee (judging from your videos, of which I watch every one, fun, and I love guessing song titles from your cryptic video titles before I even start the movies). I could be wrong, though; my eyes see Martins even where they are not. lol

To anyone considering a Martin, now is a great time to be a buyer (How do I know? Because I bought many of my Martins two years ago--when it was a fabulous time to be a Seller! :(). If anyone is seeking a particular make or model, PM me and I am pleased to help. It's fun for me (everyone has their "thing": for some it's the horse track; for others, it's cigars and fine wine; for me, it's Martins...lol).

Since this is a thread about 3Ks, I'll post this great video from exactly three years ago, July 2012, on PBS's Antiques Roadshow. The appraiser is dead on accurate about his estimate at that time, and talks of the decline in value in the year or two prior to 2012. Well, he is a sage: I paid much less for this 3K in 2015 than the numbers he is speaking of, so the "poached egg soft" uke market continues its decline into the ocean (mixed metaphor; sorry, it's early).
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/roadshow/se...s/martin-style-3-k-ukulele-ca-1930--201204A31

Cheers and thanks, all.

Last edited:
What a score cool man, congratulations and happy strummings :)
Hey cool, he says not like the hawaiian ukes ? And ukes were more sought after before...ha ha this guy's a riot :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the humor and replies, friends.

I know you have a Martin tenor and, I think, a newer "vintage" Martin soprano in your playing collection, PeeWeee (judging from your videos, of which I watch every one, fun!). I could be wrong, though; my eyes see Martins even where they are not. lol

To anyone considering a Martin, now is a great time to be a buyer (How do I know? Because I bought many of my Martins two years ago--when it was a fabulous time to be a Seller! :eek:). If anyone is seeking a particular make or model, PM me and I am pleased to help. It's fun for me (everyone has their "thing"; for some it's the horse track; for others, it's cigars and fine wine; for me, it's Martins...lol).

Since this is a thread about 3Ks, I'll post this great video from exactly three years ago, July 2012, on PBS's Antiques Roadshow. The appraiser is dead on accurate about his estimate at that time, and talks of the decline in value in the year or two prior to 2012. Well, he is a sage: I paid much less for this 3K in 2015 than the numbers he is speaking of, so the "poached egg soft" uke market continues its decline into the ocean (mixed metaphor; sorry, it's early).
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/roadshow/se...s/martin-style-3-k-ukulele-ca-1930--201204A31

Cheers and thanks, all.

Ha! Your eyes are not deceiving you...there's the late 20s style 0, and the early 20s 1K, both from my Grandfather, then there's the 29-31 tenor, purchased from Nongdam who couldn't live with the flaking finish and general ghetto appearance, and sold it to me at a very advantageous price! I don't have anything as fancy-pants as Marty though. I could use a Baritone, and maybe a Concert to round out the set. And you're right, prices are on the decline in general it seems.

Congrats on your find, Steve! Marty is in the house!!! hehe

Petey

mmstan: that is so true about what the appraiser fellow says, something about the "odd shaped" Hawaiian ukes. What a Haole bast@rd! lol

peewee: those are awesome ukes! My eyes do not deceive. Oh, my! Love them, and thanks for the video links. Nothing beats a uke with a family heritage, too. Thanks for sharing, so lovely. Funny about the ghetto uke and brother nongdam. You're a great player and singer and your songs are intelligent and really "reach for the corners", which means oftentimes I have to look up the original videos to see if I know that particular song. Thanks for edumacating moi.

niewenomian: Bukowski! I will drink to that!

George: Thank for looking. To hear that from you means a ton. If you are ever in Chicago, would love to have you play a few tunes on it for your youtube channel. You'll have to test the boundaries of it for me. (PS When I YouTube search the single word "ukulele", did you know that your video comparing the Makala and the Kiwaya comes up second every time! Jake's Bohemian Rhapsody, then you, then Zooey Daschel, then Taimane. On youtube's search engine, you're, like, a Big Cheese!)

Petey: I have been thinking a ton about you. A ton! I hope you are doing well...well, how could you be. We will need to catch up when you return home, please. Please.

Last edited:
Top Bottom