Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Early Onset UAS

Default Early Onset UAS

You guys, I'm new to this forum but I really need help. I have only been playing the uke for about a week and I am already starting to see signs of UAS. I received my spruce-top kala tenor from HMS and it is amazing in both sound and quality. In fact, it plays so great that my girlfriend has started using it too and now we fight over playing time...so I went ahead and ordered a Pono MT today so we can have two ukes. I can't wait for the Pono to arrive but I thought I'd make it longer than a week before UAS set in, lol! I love this dang instrument. Lurking this forum has been instrumental in helping me pick out both ukes so I figured it was time for a 'thank you' post. I know, I know, I'll get some pics up later today, and update the thread when the Pono arrives.

Welcome, UAS is an almost universal affliction in these parts
    Cliff

Here are some pics of the kala-stg:
    IMG_2153.jpgIMG_2156.jpgIMG_2158.jpgIMG_2157.jpg

I'm so glad I opted for the gloss spruce top. I'm really happy with the brightness it adds compared to the ka-t I tried in a local shop. At $180, this is an unbeatable solid top instrument in my opinion.

Hey neighbor, I made it a whopping 30 days before getting uke #2 and am currently waiting on a Pono MT as well (which is uke #3). I'd probably be fibbing if I said that the Pono is my last one. We'll have to compare notes when we receive them.

I like that spruce top. Kala makes some very nice ukes. I'm currently playing a cedar top acacia but intend to add a spruce top at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by photoshooter View Post
    Hey neighbor, I made it a whopping 30 days before getting uke #2 and am currently waiting on a Pono MT as well (which is uke #3). I'd probably be fibbing if I said that the Pono is my last one. We'll have to compare notes when we receive them.

I like that spruce top. Kala makes some very nice ukes. I'm currently playing a cedar top acacia but intend to add a spruce top at some point.
    Sounds good! After some research I chose worth clears for the MT so I'll let you know how those sound. I noticed you're from Philly, are you a part of the South Street Ukulele Club? They meet at BridgeSet Sound at 7th and South. The people that work there are great...I just started taking lessons from them and I plan to attend the next meeting...

UAS, once you're in you can't get out.

Quote Originally Posted by page side View Post
    Sounds good! After some research I chose worth clears for the MT so I'll let you know how those sound. I noticed you're from Philly, are you a part of the South Street Ukulele Club? They meet at BridgeSet Sound at 7th and South. The people that work there are great...I just started taking lessons from them and I plan to attend the next meeting...
    I'm having my MT set up low G. I've been wanting a low G uke for a while now.
    BridgeSet is great! I take lessons there as well. I went to a few of the South Street Ukulele Club gatherings and even though I was out of my league it was great fun. We'll have to meet up at a future event.

Two very nice instruments! Welcome to UU! Hey, if your girlfriend also likes the Pono, are you going to go for a third?
    Click a photo for information!

Welcome to UU! I hope your UAS doesn't put you all in the poorhouse! Kala was a very good choice, I have two. One is my go to uke, and the other is a laminate that I use for experimentation. (Side soundhole, wound steel strings). I've never had a Pono, but one of my BFFs has one and loves it, so I bet you'll have a keeper there. Not to feed your disease, but my Ohana is a looker, and screams with volume, it's hard to put down. And it was CHEAP! Good luck, let us see your Pono when it comes!
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

Ooh, girlfriend who likes uke! Could be fun. Concert for B-day present, Bari for the holidays,.........

You'll love the Pono. Post some pics

Enjoy

Thread Information