Hello! I'm Joko!

Joko

Reaction score
Hello my fellow ukesters! I am new to Ukulele Underground, and I thought I’d take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Joko. I recently moved to Seattle and I’ve been playing uke for coming close to two years now. I’ve been watching “Uke Got Mail” for a couple months now, and decided to check out the source, UU.

I’m impressed with the discussion here. Seems like there’s a real sense of community in this ukulele group. I’d be honored to be part of it.

My real passion creatively is videography. I love making videos and sharing them online. More than just an accessory to the vid making, I’ve embraced the ukulele as my primary instrument and it’s featured in at least half of them. I consider myself more of an entertainer than a musician, and I know I could improve my playing quite a bit. Hopefully, this site will help me with that. I’m going to seek out the tutorial videos on strum patterns, as that’s where my opportunities for improvement lie.

I’ve had one “viral video” on YouTube featuring the uke. It came last fall in the wake of the third presidential debate. While watching it, I realized that all anyone would be talking about the next day was “Joe the Plumber”.. so I quickly cooked up the Joe The Plumber Blues. It even got mentioned briefly the next day in the Wall Street Journal!

As you can see, I have fun with my green screen. Here’s another example, one of my favorites, Redemption of a Horsethief…

On top of the uke and vid making, I’m also an active blogger over on MySpace. My MySpace page is myspace.com/jokolondo, and I think I did an okay job on a recent ukulele song I did about MySpace versus Facebook. Here’s the link to that…

I’ve been lurking for a few days now, and I was going to introduce myself sooner, but when I went to do so, I noticed that Brittni Paiva had just posted the same (although a lot more brief) type of “Hello! I’m here!” note that I was planning on posting. I’ve been watching Brittni on YouTube for almost two years, and there’s no way I could follow her!

Regards,

Joko

Welcome to the forums! Just so you're aware, there's a thread at the top of the page for introductions. :)

I hope you enjoy your stay!

Hello Joko....not much to say or talk about really....but i did have a hamster named cocoamellow.:shaka:

Top Bottom