Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Technique and Theory Lessons

I had a chance to visit Uke Republic a few weeks ago and shoot a couple videos to help guide you on your next ukulele purchase. Our first video features 3 ukuleles that are perfect for the beginner!

Click HERE to Read the Beginner Ukulele Buyers Guide!

Our second video highlights 5 ukuleles to consider if you are looking to upgrade or add to your collection.

Click HERE to Read the Advanced Ukulele Buyers Guide!

Here is a quick review on my first ukulele, the Makala MK-S. It's an awesome uke for the beginner and is only $50!

Read my complete review HERE.

The Definitive Beginner's Guide to Ukulele

After months of hard work, I'm happy to say that The Definitive Beginner's Guide to Ukulele launches today! This is a comprehensive course featuring over 25+ lessons covering everything from learning to hold the ukulele to playing your first songs!

This course was written with two people in mind:

1) The Absolute Beginner - Someone who just purchased an ukulele and is beginning their uke playing journey!
    2) The Intermediate Player - Someone who has played for awhile, but wants a recap of the fundamentals to make sure they haven’t missed anything critical that could slow down their development.

Watch the video below to learn more about the Beginner's Course!

Strumming Etude - Beginner ukulele strumming lesson using unique chords to help break away from the generic sounding “G, C, F” strumming tunes.

Fingerpicking Etude - Beginner ukulele fingerstyle lesson that teaches a 4 finger approach for fingerpicking.

12 Bar Blues Ukulele - Easy Beginner Strumming Lesson. This lesson goes 2 times through the form (12 bars). The first time is basic strumming, while the second adds a slap (backbeat).

Fingerpicking & Strumming - This is an intermediate level tune that utilizes many of the concepts and techniques learned in our Definitive Beginner's Guide to Ukulele Course (over 25+ lessons).

Fingerpicking Etude no. 4 - This etude is a great study for understanding dynamics and breaking out of the “comfort zone” (frets 1-5) by utilizing the entire neck for fingerpicking chords.

2 Chord Jam - Learn how to make your rhythm playing more interesting by adding a backbeat, fill licks, and melody to a 2 chord progression.

Fingerpicking Etude no. 5 - Deep dive into Travis Picking with this etude.

Thread Information