Free Technique and Theory Lessons

I had a chance to visit Uke Republic a few weeks ago and shoot a couple videos to help guide you on your next ukulele purchase. Our first video features 3 ukuleles that are perfect for the beginner!

Click HERE to Read the Beginner Ukulele Buyers Guide!

Our second video highlights 5 ukuleles to consider if you are looking to upgrade or add to your collection.

Click HERE to Read the Advanced Ukulele Buyers Guide!

Here is a quick review on my first ukulele, the Makala MK-S. It's an awesome uke for the beginner and is only $50!

Read my complete review HERE.

The Definitive Beginner's Guide to Ukulele

After months of hard work, I'm happy to say that The Definitive Beginner's Guide to Ukulele launches today! This is a comprehensive course featuring over 25+ lessons covering everything from learning to hold the ukulele to playing your first songs!

This course was written with two people in mind:

1) The Absolute Beginner - Someone who just purchased an ukulele and is beginning their uke playing journey!
2) The Intermediate Player - Someone who has played for awhile, but wants a recap of the fundamentals to make sure they haven’t missed anything critical that could slow down their development.

Watch the video below to learn more about the Beginner's Course!

Strumming Etude - Beginner ukulele strumming lesson using unique chords to help break away from the generic sounding “G, C, F” strumming tunes.

Fingerpicking Etude no. 4 - This etude is a great study for understanding dynamics and breaking out of the “comfort zone” (frets 1-5) by utilizing the entire neck for fingerpicking chords.

2 Chord Jam - Learn how to make your rhythm playing more interesting by adding a backbeat, fill licks, and melody to a 2 chord progression.

Thumb Etude - In our very first Thumb Etude, we will be combining interesting rhythms with a touch of Eastern music to create a unique sounding piece.

Fingerpicking Concepts: An Intro to Fingerstyle - A comprehensive course featuring 19 lessons that are solely dedicated to helping you develop your right hand fingerpicking technique and dexterity.

I'm happy to say that this course, titled "Fingerpicking Concepts: An Intro to Fingerstyle", launches today! In the course, you will learn 3 approaches for fingerpicking: Thumb Approach, 3 Finger Approach, and a 4 Finger Approach.

Upon completing this course, you will be able to:

1) Break out of the 1 finger rut! A.k.a: only using your index finger (or thumb) for fingerpicking and strumming.
2) Determine (on your own) which of the 3 approaches to use depending on the content of the material you are playing.
3) Begin to develop your own style for fingerpicking.

Watch the video below to learn more!

Proper Right Hand Form - In this article & video lesson, we will be discussing a handful of ways to improve your right hand technique including hand position, strumming, and fingerpicking approaches.

An Introduction to Music Theory & Jamming – A comprehensive course featuring 16 lessons that will provide a fundamental understanding of the basics of Music Theory and most importantly, learning how to apply it to your playing.

A goal for many of us is to have the ability to sit in with other musicians and be able to play without limits. But, often times in Jams, we find ourselves playing the same parts as others (i.e. strumming basic chords).

This course deep dives into teaching you how to add to the music. We’re going to examine two playing approaches in this course: Rhythm and Lead. The rhythm section will teach you methods for creating harmony. You will learn how to play chords in different positions and how to alter them to create a colorful sound. The lead section will teach you two approaches for soloing over rhythm. Approach one will be scale based, while approach two will cover playing changes.

New Live Lesson! All about Practicing! Ideas for writing a practice guide and how to apply the 3 steps (repetition, reinforcement, evaluation) for successful practice when learning songs! Read the complete article!

This was VERY helpful! Very! I am motivated to get busy and practice now that I finally have some concrete guidelines. Thank you!

Learning Paths - Find out why having a plan is vital to your success in learning ukulele. In this lesson, you will learn how to create a step by step plan that takes you from the beginner to advanced level.

Top Bottom