Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cordoba Mini Polyfoam Case - Review

Thumbs up Cordoba Mini Polyfoam Case - Review

I purchased a Cordoba Mini-R about a month ago. I just got a Cordoba polyfoam case for it and wanted to say it's great. The baritone ukulele case is the case that fits the Mini. It provides much more protection than the gigbag that comes with the Mini and it has a nice accessory pocket inside, for picks, capo, strings, etc. It comes with a shoulder strap too. Nicely made.
    Susie
    Pono, Martin, Taylor
    Fingerpickin' since 9/11/73
    ●lllllll● + ●lllllll● =

This is great to know - I just picked up my Mini R yesterday; the polyfoam case is next.
    Kathryn

Not familiar with it so I looked it up.

http://www.cordobaguitars.com/products.php?categoryid=9

It certainly looks sleeker than the usual polyfoam case, which can be pretty bulky.

But I received a Cordoba Requinto with the deluxe gig bag and was quite impressed. So much so that I recently bought one for a concert uke I'd acquired. It's way ahead of most gig bags.

Quote Originally Posted by kvehe View Post
    This is great to know - I just picked up my Mini R yesterday; the polyfoam case is next.
    Enjoy your mini....they are fun. Definitely worth upgrading to the polyfoam case. I just ordered a couple of the E tuning string sets from Cordoba too.
    Susie
    Pono, Martin, Taylor
    ●lllllll● + ●lllllll● =

I ordered the E strings too, and am having a great time with it.
    Kathryn

I got a couple sets of the E tuning strings. I installed a set last night. Easy peasy. A really good video on youtube, if you have questions. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5qOh6tFT3E

I love the sound. A deeper tone, with great bass presence. The strings resonate very well. I'm happy with them. It's going to the uke jams with me.
    Susie
    Pono, Martin, Taylor
    ●lllllll● + ●lllllll● =

Quote Originally Posted by frets alot View Post
    I got a couple sets of the E tuning strings. I installed a set last night. Easy peasy. A really good video on youtube, if you have questions. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5qOh6tFT3E

I love the sound. A deeper tone, with great bass presence. The strings resonate very well. I'm happy with them. It's going to the uke jams with me.
    Where did you get the E set?

Also.. I can't quite understand why the frets are marked on 3.5.7.9.12. 9? really cordoba? super annoying but other wise, a fun little instrument.

Quote Originally Posted by spookelele View Post
    Where did you get the E set?

Also.. I can't quite understand why the frets are marked on 3.5.7.9.12. 9? really cordoba? super annoying but other wise, a fun little instrument.
    Got the E tuning strings from the Cordoba on-line store on their website.

Standard guitar fret markers are at 3, 5, 7, 9 and 12. They are marketing this Mini as a guitar, not as a guilele or a uke. Standard uke fret markers are at 10 instead of 9. So, the markers make sense to me....like a guitar. I have been playing guitar since 1974 and bought the Mini as a travel guitar. So, I'm glad it's got the guitar fret markers.
    Last edited by frets alot; 07-02-2015 at 12:04 PM.
    Susie
    Pono, Martin, Taylor
    ●lllllll● + ●lllllll● =

I'm curious about this one but also interested in the E Tuning. I had read somewhere where it was stated that the strings were a little floppy in E tuning. Have you experienced this? Do you happen to have any video examples of playing in the E tuning? Would love to hear what it sounds like.
    --

KoAloha Tenor Sceptre, Ohana 5-String Tenor, KoAloha Tenor, Ohana OBU-22 Bass

I've just got the Cordoba mini M as a travel guitar. You get a lot of instrument for 200€, and a decent sound for a small'un. I've tried these strings to get into standard E tuning:
    http://www.daddario.com/DADProductFa...68&familyid=83

But they only really get to be acceptably tense when I tune up to F. At E I still get some good sound but the strings are just too floppy. Mimmo's aquila strings don't seem to be available in Europe yet. So, I've bought a set of these, which I'm sure will work:
    http://www.labella.com/products/fg112/

Set FG112 for 1/2 size (21“ or 52/53 cm scale length)
    Clear Nylon Trebles .030, .035
    Silver-Plated Wound Basses .025W, .030W, .0375W, .048W
    Include an additional G- 3rd Wound String

Thread Information