Strings

TieDyePlatapy

Reaction score
I was wondering which strings I could purchase to get the least amount of that twangy sound as possible. I love it to an extent but I also love the more soft and melodic sound that the uke can produce and these strings just aren't cuttin it for me.

First of all what kind of uke do you have ?

I know that on "cheap" ukes Aquila's Nylguts are really improving quality of the sound.
Personally I felt in love with Worth clear strings, but every uke reacts differently with strings ...

i have the aquilas and love them. also tried the worth browns which are pretty good.

I was wondering which strings I could purchase to get the least amount of that twangy sound as possible. I love it to an extent but I also love the more soft and melodic sound that the uke can produce and these strings just aren't cuttin it for me.

what size 'ukulele do you have? in my opinion, sopranos and sopraninos are twangy by nature, no strings will really hide that. i havent really heard a twangy concert or tenor, but it could just be the strings. try a flourocarbon set out. like others have mentioned, worths and d'addarios are pretty mellow strings. try it out.

i got some savarez strings for my flea uke. they sound great. i ordered individual classical guitar nylon strings and they fit perfectly on my uke. something different from the standard worth/aquilas

Top Bottom