Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vorson electric tenor uke questions?

Quote Originally Posted by igorthebarbarian View Post
    Not sure if this one was ever sold or not... you could email strumsilly and ask though:
    http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...string-ukulele

thanks for that but im really looking for a longer scale soprano never suited my style more of a fan of tenor and baritone scales.
    Current Ukes:
    Makala Shark Soprano (high g)
    Vorson Steel String Solid Body Electric Tenor (low g)

Electric Guitar/Electric Ukulele Based drone ambient music
    http://iamesper.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by iamesperambient View Post
    hey everyone thanks for the advise. Just curious what guage would i need for re-entrant?
    i totally now understand what i need to do for a liner G or linear C but how would i get a re-entrant
    c sound (if i wanted later on? im shooting for linear for now though). Looks like this is the top of my
    list right now for the next instrument to purchase. I was just asked by a label about recording
    new material so its top priority to get an instrument fast. I'm liking what i have read about this instrument
    and seems like a good fit for me in my price range.
    You can just use the same gauge string as the A string in GCEA, which would be a .009.

Or slightly thicker - a 0.010 string would do just fine for the re-entrant G

As for a sound recording, I'll see if I can get something done.. I just came back from a month holiday from overseas and trying to recover from a flu

Quote Originally Posted by kissing View Post
    You can just use the same gauge string as the A string in GCEA, which would be a .009.

Or slightly thicker - a 0.010 string would do just fine for the re-entrant G

As for a sound recording, I'll see if I can get something done.. I just came back from a month holiday from overseas and trying to recover from a flu
    thanks for the info it seems cool sounds like the answer to someones desire for a risa LP but can't afford one but still wants the look and full on electric sound. Its nice that brands are starting to make full on electric ukes in bigger sizes at affordable prices. So they even make the eleuke anymore? for some reason i thought they went out of business or stopped production?
    Current Ukes:
    Makala Shark Soprano (high g)
    Vorson Steel String Solid Body Electric Tenor (low g)

Electric Guitar/Electric Ukulele Based drone ambient music
    http://iamesper.bandcamp.com

thanks for that but im really looking for a longer scale soprano never suited my style more of a fan of tenor and baritone scales.
    haha, I forgot all about it. I guess it is lost in the back of my closet. I don't really need the vorson either as the custom electric came before the Vorson, so I'll sell it. All I have done is change the g string out.
    there is no substitute for LOVE

I'll sell you my Vorson, I don't really need 3 electrics. pm'd you.
    there is no substitute for LOVE

kissing-I really like that multi-uke stand shown in your first post. Will you share some details about it? I'd like to get one. . .

It's actually a Hercules 6 guitar stand.
    when you set it up, you can adjust it so it works for ukulele

thanks . . .found it at Musicians Friend-gonna buy one soon as finances permit.

Thread Information