Strap button on a Flea?

hendulele

Check your fleas
UU VIP
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I use a Mobius strap for all my ukes with waists, but the Mobius doesn't work on my Ohana Vita or my mango soprano Flea.

I'm going to enough jams and open mics that I stand and play a lot and want to make all my ukes strap-ready. Setting up the Vita with a button is no problem, but I'm stuck on doing it for the Flea. One of its great values to me is the ability to rest it on its base when I'm not playing it.

Is it possible to put a button on the "sides" of the Flea securely? If I'm not mistaken, I think I've seen Fleas/Flukes with a pickup jack near the base but on the sides.

I've also seen people suggest using velcro to attach a strap. I could do that, but I'd like to use the same strap, without modifications, for both ukes.

Thanks.

I used a cloth strap w/ Leather ends from Sherrins treasure. I added heavy duty Velcro to one end, covering the last few inside inches of the strap next to the leather. The corresponding Velcro is placed on the back of the uke, near and parellel to the bottom. For the headstocks, I ordered separate leather headstock tabs and then could pop the stap onto my Conventional soprano uke. Or put it on my Flea, attaching to the headstock via the extra tab and then the Velcro at the uke back. Worked fine.

Setting it up with changeable tabs is a great idea, and worth considering. Thanks!

You could use a Uke Leash. I've found that they work pretty well, and you can get extra head hook-ups to put on other Ukes.

Check 'em out, you might like them. I use home made ones. :eek:ld:

If your Flea is like my Flea, then check the bottom of the neck near the body (on the back side). Look closely and you will see a little tab with a hole in it for a lanyard style strap. You could test that out first, and see if a long shoe lace might do the job.

–Lori

DUD, I have considered it and my go that way. Thanks.

Lori, the tab is there! Thank you, as well!

Wendy may have solved much of my problem (though I hope the second strap isn't necessary :p )

(Thanks for the heads-up, Debby!)

I used a simple leather shoelace for a Flea strap. Drill a hole in the body (cannot hurt this plastic body), and knot the inside. See the attached snapshot (if it shows. Works great

flea strap feature.jpg

Top Bottom