Kala ukulele strings

Most listings I see say Aquila nylguts, but if you buy from Mim or Uke Republic or HMS, I'm sure you could get them replaced with another brand for little or no additional cost.

My Kala KA-C came with "hi-G" Aquila strings, it's now got "lo-G" Aquila reds on it ... still sounds great :)

My Kala came with Aquila Nylgut, in fact, every single uke I bought in the last two years that I've been playing came with Aquilas, that was sixteen. I'm down to four now, but only one with Worth CT.

Yep, it seems that the majority of ukuleles that are a step up from super cheap instruments come with Nylguts now. Even some top end ukes do. Good thing, too, they are massively better than generic, cheap nylon strings. I sometimes like the sound of the Nylguts, but I don't really like how they feel. Been using Martins and Worth clears, and the tenor that's in the clutches of the mail service right now has Worth browns. From what I've heard, the browns have a good chance of becoming my favorite strings.

Yep, it seems that the majority of ukuleles that are a step up from super cheap instruments come with Nylguts now. Even some top end ukes do. Good thing, too, they are massively better than generic, cheap nylon strings. I sometimes like the sound of the Nylguts, but I don't really like how they feel. Been using Martins and Worth clears, and the tenor that's in the clutches of the mail service right now has Worth browns. From what I've heard, the browns have a good chance of becoming my favorite strings.

I like Worth Browns a lot. My Kamaka pineapple has them now and my Kelii concert came with them. Martins are great; I always have some M600s on hand in case of disaster (I only have concerts and sopranos).

I tried Aquila's new Lava strings recently and liked them a lot; punchy but not so overpowering as some other nylon strings. Plus, they looked cool, like black pearl or polished graphite.

I recently purcased Worth Clear CL Light strings from MIM and love them.

Just a little side note: The auction title stated "2 Sets", yet when opening the pack, there was only one set. What I failed to realize was that the auction title also stated that the strings were 46" long (therefore two sets of Soprano strings could be obtained from that set. Thankfully, I realized my mistake before discard the excess string.)

Kala KA-15S has some nice Aquila nylguts; perfect for the instrument, I think.

Top Bottom