question about tablatures

Goldkiwi

Reaction score
Hi!

I learned some basic things from a book from Hal Leonard. I like the way the tablatures are written, because it is very easy to understand. In the book there are a couple of songs, but they are very very simple. Like this:

ukuleleboek.jpg

I've been looking on the internet for tablatures like this, but then a little more difficult maybe. Not just only children songs, if you know what i mean :)

My question is, do you guys know a place where i can find tablatures like this? Every website i visit that says 'ukulele tablatures', is actually a website with just chords!

Greets,
Jantine

There are some for free here on Aaron Keim's site, and I highly recommend his books as well. They're beginner-friendly but with some challenges as well.

I'd recommend checking the selection at a music store if you can. You're right, most of the "free tab" on the internet is misuse of the word tab and is mostly just chords. There are a few sites that have much more difficult tab, and I'm sure a few more will chime in here with recommendations as well, but Aaron's tabs should be a good start.

Wilfred Welti has also arranged several songbooks and tabulature collections, some of which are free: see here. The solo book for beginners is rather complex. His non-free ebooks are quite good as well, and they come with MP3s.

Yess! That's exactly what i need!

Thank you so much :D now i can practice some more :)

Depending on your knowledge of musical "standard notation" you might want to create your own songsheets with Musescore - it has full support for Uke tablature which is sometimes very handy to figure out some fingerings

Top Bottom