A Cautionary Tale!

New internet rule: call it 'the George Washington principle'.

Any attempt at irony in a forum thread - however outlandish - will be followed up in no more than 5 replies with a completely sincere response from an American.

Last edited:
My name is Jeff and I have ukulele absurdism syndrome.

I am dealing with it by following a whole step, halfstep, program.

It is an nondenominational offshoot of Yukka Terry and his him. Darn auto-correct! Ukuterianism.

My name is Jeff and I have ukulele absurdism syndrome.

I am dealing with it by following a whole step, halfstep, program.
You should know that those anonymous X-step programs just don't work. They can't even be tracked, due to anonymity. Independent observers downgrade the claimed 80% success rate to more like 8%. That means you only have 1/12 chance (that's a semitone) of escaping the syndrome. Do you feel lucky? Well, do you?

It is an nondenominational offshoot of Yukka Terry and his him. Darn auto-correct! Ukuterianism.
One characteristic of cults is that they tend to fragment. Expect to see competing factions of Uketarians -- Tenorists, Tahitianists, Taropatchers, etc. Let the holy wars commence!

If you lick the ukulele, does your voice go squeaky?

Sooooo....this is what is meant by ukulele licks?

Please be careful here! One day its just transposing a lick and the next you could be on a slippery slope that will lead you to Capoism.

Many Ukists with good intentions have been caught up in the battle between Transpositionists and Capoists.

Let us not forget this began with one man's disrespect for the Natural Weight of our Beloved Instrument.

Please be careful here! One day its just transposing a lick and the next you could be on a slippery slope that will lead you to Capoism.

Many Ukists with good intentions have been caught up in the battle between Transpositionists and Capoists.

Let us not forget this began with one man's disrespect for the Natural Weight of our Beloved Instrument.

Don't forget there's also the spat between the first positioners and the up-the-neckers.

I can't wait for his anti-gravity uke to become available.

I actually scrolled back up to see if this was an old April 1 thread. Even better, catch everybody off-guard. :D

Last edited:
I can't wait for his anti-gravity uke to become available
That depends on the availability of an adequate supply of cavorite. The Chinese have been manipulating stocks of rare earths so the economics of AG uke production are dicey -- yet more collateral damage in the global financial war. Expect black-market prices of cavorite to skyrocket.

So the dust has settled.

Capoists and Transpositionalists have agreed to co-exist. There isn't all that much room for bar fights on the fretboard of a ukulele.

Mr. Jones remains in hiding where he is currently working on biological uses for his helium binding process. The few friends he has left find him to be curiously lighthearted for a man in his position.

Across the planet several people are thinking of starting threads regarding the use of heavier strings to get an effect on the soundboard that would raise the weight of the instrument while having it perform in the same manner as one with a thinner top. There is some discussion as to whether this is a physics or philosophical idea.

Jeff

So the dust has settled.

Capoists and Transpositionalists have agreed to co-exist. There isn't all that much room for bar fights on the fretboard of a ukulele.

Mr. Jones remains in hiding where he is currently working on biological uses for his helium binding process. The few friends he has left find him to be curiously lighthearted for a man in his position.

Across the planet several people are thinking of starting threads regarding the use of heavier strings to get an effect on the soundboard that would raise the weight of the instrument while having it perform in the same manner as one with a thinner top. There is some discussion as to whether this is a physics or philosophical idea.

Jeff

Those people and their Capos... it just isn't Natural!!!

("C" what I did there...?)

Top Bottom