FYI: MB For Sale (not mine)

Oh. OOOOOOOHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Now that is truly my Holy Grail, Karl. I look for these Hollywoods at least twice a week and never, ever have I seen the 10 model come up. Let alone in that sort of condition. Then bang...here you are with THIS!!!!! I've always wondered if one became available what it might sell for. But because I've never seen one I have no idea how realistic or fair the price listed is. Wow though. If I could choose one uke it would be a Hollywood 10. Thanks for the link mate. Of course, the corollary to all of this is, even if I sold my entire uke collection and got somewhere near what they were worth I'd still fall about 1K short. :p

This looks like the same one from 2010 (half way down page) but with better pictures.

https://www.fleamarketmusic.com/uke-yak/default.asp?Page=23

Drool, and drool some more my friend.
Can we send the hat around and grant this man his wish?

This looks like the same one from 2010 (half way down page) but with better pictures.

https://www.fleamarketmusic.com/uke-yak/default.asp?Page=23

Drool, and drool some more my friend.
Can we send the hat around and grant this man his wish?
Haha! Yeah mate, you know I sent that person an email the same day I saw that in the uke yak - not exactly offering to buy it - but at least sounding her out if she could be at all interested in selling it sometime, and if so, to please contact me. Never heard back from her though. Chuck mentions $1750 there which I'd forgotten about...perhaps 2010's $1750 is 2015's $5550. :)

Aloha All,

Haven't sold it yet as I wanted to record this instrument "in studio" as it's quite unique with the deep body construction and radiused fretboard. Just completed the recording the other night along with a bunch of other custom and vintage ukes. Been receiving a ton of emails on the uke but couldn't release it until the recording date. Now that it's past, my sound technician will be working on the sound file of this uke and a number of others on our site that's missing a studio recording so stay tuned.

Oh, we had a 'guest uke' in the studio for a killer session as well. Can't tell but stay tuned. You'll recognize it once the video comes out. :)

Mahalo for the inquiries. Oh hope to see some of you at the Ukulele Festival this year too.
Shawn Y.

Aloha All,

Haven't sold it yet as I wanted to record this instrument "in studio" as it's quite unique with the deep body construction and radiused fretboard. Just completed the recording the other night along with a bunch of other custom and vintage ukes. Been receiving a ton of emails on the uke but couldn't release it until the recording date. Now that it's past, my sound technician will be working on the sound file of this uke and a number of others on our site that's missing a studio recording so stay tuned.

Oh, we had a 'guest uke' in the studio for a killer session as well. Can't tell but stay tuned. You'll recognize it once the video comes out. :)

Mahalo for the inquiries. Oh hope to see some of you at the Ukulele Festival this year too.
Shawn Y.

Thanks Shawn. I really enjoy your professional studio recorded videos on Vimeo. Looking forward to hearing the Moore Bettah tenor and your 'guest uke' .

thanks, Hodge. the mastering process does take some time as we work through these recordings with the utmost care. there are no embellishments or 'doctoring' of the sound files so what you hear is as accurate a sound file of each instrument as possible.

mahalo,
Shawn Y.

Thanks Shawn. I really enjoy your professional studio recorded videos on Vimeo. Looking forward to hearing the Moore Bettah tenor and your 'guest uke' .

That uke is far from boring...If I was going after one of Chuck's ukes it would fit the bill nicely.

So what? It's how it plays that matters. Not that I have that kind of money to splash out on a ukulele.

To each his own, but there is no shortage of folks who want the MBU tone AND the incredibly inlay artistry that some of his Ukes display.

Top Bottom