Song Help Request Chris Ramos - The Break Up Song Tabs?

I would try this for most of it:
DOWN, down, up, chunk, mute, mute, UP, up down UP, up, down

the first mute is an up stroke, the second mute is a down stroke.
put more emphasis on the "DOWN" and "UP" strokes with all CAPS.

optional: On the last "up down," you should be transitioning to the next chord. For example, strum a 0000 open chord going from G to Em, or barre the 2nd fret from C to D7
DOWN, down, up, chunk, mute, mute, UP, up down UP, 0000, 0000
DOWN, down, up, chunk, mute, mute, UP, up down UP, 2222, 2222

optional: For the D7, barre 2222 and hammer middle finger to the A string 3rd fret (2223) on the first DOWN.

Here's something you can practice:
G
Em
C
DOWN, down, up, chunk, mute, mute, UP, up down UP, 2222, 2222
D7

Your strumming might vary when you start to feel the music, but that's perfectly acceptable. This is just something to get you started and familiarize you with it.

you've been the MOST helpful person on UU
i remember you helping me with ukulele explosion and thanks to you i got that song down :)
i cant thank you enough
THANK YOU

im sorry but when you mean mute what does that exactly mean?
somewhat like a chunk?

Last edited:
When you do a muted strum, your fretting fingers are still touching the strings but they aren't pressed down hard enough for the notes to ring out. Just relax your grip slightly on the chord and strum. You shouldn't be able to hear any notes. It sounds somewhat like a chunk, but you this technique allows you to mute with your finger strumming up as well. I hope that's clear as mud. If not, I'll throw a YouTube tutorial video up real quick.

When you do a muted strum, your fretting fingers are still touching the strings but they aren't pressed down hard enough for the notes to ring out. Just relax your grip slightly on the chord and strum. You shouldn't be able to hear any notes. It sounds somewhat like a chunk, but you this technique allows you to mute with your finger strumming up as well. I hope that's clear as mud. If not, I'll throw a YouTube tutorial video up real quick.

like i said before your the most helpful person on here
and yes it is clear as mud lol
but a tutorial would be nice

dang this song is really hard for me to learn. I memorized the strum pattern well and I have the lyrics memorized but adding them together is way harder than it usually is. I think it's because this is the first song that I'm playing where the lyrics and strums have like a different rythm. N e tips? or am i the only one?

dang this song is really hard for me to learn. I memorized the strum pattern well and I have the lyrics memorized but adding them together is way harder than it usually is. I think it's because this is the first song that I'm playing where the lyrics and strums have like a different rythm. N e tips? or am i the only one?

practice practice practice

If you get the song stuck in your head enough, the lyrics and strum will come naturally without too much thinking involved. Memorize the lyrics hardcore to the point where you're not thinking of which words come next. At that point you can focus more on the strumming while you sing it.

Don’t talk about times we have to try
to make things last
Don’t talk about times when we first kiss,
you said, we’re moving way too fast
Don’t talk abou times we have to try
to make thing right,
Cause you and I both know we always
get into little fights,
The love is not the best thing for us now,
Is not the best thing, for us now,
So I’ma break it off with you somehow

The stars will shine for you another day,
another day

the chords i use is G#,EM,C,D#7 strumming patter quick and easy U: up D: Down C: Chuck/Scratching stopping : D,U,C,U,D,U,U,U,C,U,D And switch chords play with out stopping :]

hmm i dont find theres any need to mute really, i do

down, up chunk, down, up down, chunk, up down. then next chord..

if yu get a good rhythm on it it works out good.

Okay,so,I have a really simplified version of this song.
My friend taught me this and it's pretty basic.

Chords:
GM (G major)
Em (E minor)
CM (C major)
Uhm,I don't really know how to explain it,
but bar the second fret and put you middle finger on the CM chord.
Yeah,not a very good explanation,deal.

Uhm,the strum pattern I use is:
down up up chunk down up up chunk
That's just for the very first line.
After,it's down down up chunk down up up chunk.

It doesn't sound EXACTLY like the song,but it issss the simple version.
Hope that helps?
:)

Top Bottom