Custom in progress - Earnest Instruments Palomino

Wow mate, what a beauty! Fabulous sustain & it rings like a bell! Well done.

Thanks mate! I appreciate your saying well done. I did soo much research before deciding on this. I mean, the research was fun - watching practically all of the HMS vimeo videos, searching youtube, reviews like Baz's and Jon's, etc. In the end from this uke I got what I'd hoped for.

Sounds and looks sweet! Congrats!

I appreciate the detail in your review. BTW the resonance on that last note was unreal.

Thanks Hodge! You know your way around ukes so if you think mine has unreal resonance, wow! Now I'm keen to see what a fluorocarbon does to the sound.

Lovely sound. And I very much appreciate the candid review. Often we're so very excited about a new uke that we can be (overly) effusive. I have several proper reviews to do and purposely waited until I've had some real time with the instruments and will strive for absolute candor.

Thanks Eddie! I'm glad you thought the review was candid. My thinking is the same as yours. I'd like to see more pros and cons reviews on here, when it's justified. I know how hard it is not to see everything as perfect when you just spent a thousand dollars. But I think it helps the community. You make a good point about waiting before reviewing. I should do that too.

Whoa Dan. An absolute beauty. Lovely sound. Sweet playing. Excellent, comprehensive review. Congratulations brother.

Thanks Jon! Your reviews were a big help in deciding what to buy - sound wise, things to look out for, etc. And I like how you describe UAS. Though I've got this uke in my hands, someday I'd like to own an LFdM, an Iriguchi, a US Martin... The condition is real, haha.

Top Bottom