::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 21!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ask Seeso...I think maybe he can do it? They don't like to do it on a routine basis because it's kind of a pain for them, I think. But for ChoppedLiver, maybe an exception can be made.

It's not a pain. It's easy!

afghan-girl.jpg

What emotion would you say is conveyed through her eyes?

How would you support your choice?

View attachment 87797

What emotion would you say is conveyed through her eyes?

How would you support your choice?

I see fear, especially in the photo on the left, and mistrust or at the very least wariness.
I base this feeling on not only the eyes but also the mouth. There is no joy in either of those photos.
I just want to say, "I may never truly understand your hardship, but I can offer you a hug!

I see fear, especially in the photo on the left, and mistrust or at the very least wariness.
I base this feeling on not only the eyes but also the mouth. There is no joy in either of those photos.
I just want to say, "I may never truly understand your hardship, but I can offer you a hug!

No! She's Muslim. You may not offer her a hug. You may not touch her. Don't even look at her very long.

I see sadness and despair but I can't figure out how to express "why" I get that sense.

Did anyone catch Craig and Sarah's periscope session with artistworks?

I went to check it out but it said it was over already.

At 4:10 this afternoon, I finally convinced the store manager to call the phone company to report our phone outage. He had been waiting, thinking the problem might "resolve itself".

The phone company determined quickly that the problem was at our end, a modem that needed to be reset. They talked him through fixing it in a matter of minutes. Doh! After we went all day without phones and the credit card machine! It could have been fixed this morning!

VERY nice guy, and a superior parts counterman, but manager? Not so much....

Last edited:
At 4:10 this afternoon, I finally convinced the store manager to call the phone company to report our phone outage. He had been waiting, thinking the problem might "resolve itself".

The phone company determined quickly that the problem was at our end, a modem that needed to be reset. They talked him through fixing it in a matter of minutes. Doh! After we went all day without phones and the credit card machine! It could have been fixed this morning!

VERY nice guy, and a superior parts countryman, but manager? Not so much....

::sniffs::

Lookit our little boy solving tech problems now. So proud.

::sniffs::

Lookit our little boy solving tech problems now. So proud.

LOL!! I won't try to take credit for fixing it, and my part was certainly low-tech, but at least we're back in business. I don't understand why he was so resistant to reporting the problem....

No! She's Muslim. You may not offer her a hug. You may not touch her. Don't even look at her very long.

I use to visit a Muslim friend, when she lived in Indiana. She was comfortable enough around me, in her home, to remove her hijab. But I can't remember if we ever hugged. I think we did, though. Maybe not. I'm not a huggy type. But you are right. Men aren't suppose to hug Muslim women.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom