Cordoba guilele ce

moriartye

Reaction score
New to guileles I bought a Cordoba Guilele CE on pure speculation. The sound is what I was looking for (tuned ADGCEA) BUT I found the fret board to be narrower than a standard guitar. This is causing me a few headaches adjusting to the closer gaps between strings.

Anyone with a guilele (or guitarlele) with a wider fret board?

I'm trying to play it by re-positioning my finger tips but any stronger picks can result in buzzing caused by the adjoining string against the fretting finger.

I have a Yamaha Guitalele. It's really too cramped for my hands. Haven't tried the Cordoba Mini, but it might be more comfortable.

Last Christmas, I was gifted a Cordoba Requinto 580. So, bigger than a mini, but considerably smaller than the standard 650 or 664. I'm happy with it, so I don't feel like the need to go smaller.

can you tune it to ADGCEA ? Baritones tend to be a bit finicky when tuned to ukes. Heard of some pulling the bridge off.

the cordoba mini is fairly new but is getting a lot of attention. Any way you can return the CE and spend the 199usd on a mini? I had a ce for a short while but returned it when I found there was a buzz under the bridge...and the neck is certainly too narrow.

Last edited:
Top Bottom