Any lefties out there?

The Big Kahuna

Reaction score
Happy birthday, you cack-handed misfits :)

left hand.jpg

http://www.lefthandersday.com/

This doesn't count if you're left handed AND ginger, of course. That's just taking it too far.

Check out the middle finger of my left hand :p

Thank you Mr Kahuna, happy to be a misfit! And since while walking the dogs today I inadvertently tied my own hair into a poo bag, I guess I have to own up to cack-handed as well.

Cackhander here............and happy to be! No one ever asks to borrow my ukuleles!

5 Aces.jpg

Thank you Mr Kahuna, happy to be a misfit! And since while walking the dogs today I inadvertently tied my own hair into a poo bag, I guess I have to own up to cack-handed as well.

The mental image has made my day, thank you :)

Handy skill to have though, leaves both hands free.

Only politically. And a soprano strung backwards.

I tell my left-handed students that, unless they play the uke as a righty, they have the additional burden of having to mirror the chords, rather than relying on the chord diagrams which most, if not all, songbooks are for right-handed playing.

I help as much as I can by supplying left-handed chord charts.

I'm left handed!! But I play Uke right handed.

Early in my school days it was frowned upon to use your left hand, it's sad, but true.
Same here Cam. As a young'un I tended to do a lot of things left handed as a matter of course, including using pencils and pens when I began writing. As my parents have told me since, this caused them great concern and worry and they actively encouraged me/trained me as a right hander. Probably explains why to this day I can still do certain things well, left handed. Weird how superstitious we all were back then.

Same here Cam. As a young'un I tended to do a lot of things left handed as a matter of course, including using pencils and pens when I began writing. As my parents have told me since, this caused them great concern and worry and they actively encouraged me/trained me as a right hander. Probably explains why to this day I can still do certain things well, left handed. Weird how superstitious we all were back then.

I got news for you, my friend...it's still like that. My daughter is left handed and when it comes to sports, all her coaches insist on her playing right handed. I use to argue with them over it, in softball. I wanted her to stay lefty. I missed one of her practices and they switched her. I finally just bit my lip and let it go. I figure she can always switch back when she wants to. The exact same thing happened with me when I was little. I can do everything with either hand. Including writing.

I got news for you, my friend...it's still like that. My daughter is left handed and when it comes to sports, all her coaches insist on her playing right handed. I use to argue with them over it, in softball. I wanted her to stay lefty. I missed one of her practices and they switched her. I finally just bit my lip and let it go. I figure she can always switch back when she wants to. The exact same thing happened with me when I was little. I can do everything with either hand. Including writing.

Wow , I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous .

Me too ,.............

Even though I play right handed, I feel the tricky part is in the left. I have no issue finger picking or strumming with my right hand. But chord shapes and all that stuff is tricky with my right hand.
So, to me, I am doing all the trickier stuff with my dominant hand, anyways, even though I'm playing right handed.

I'm a lefty but play uke/guitar in the regular position. I don't think there's really any advantage or disadvantage to this since both hands are doing complex movements when playing uke/guitar

Top Bottom