Kiwaya KTC-4RK Koa Concert Ukulele, radiused fingerboard- Beautiful Instrument

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ernie

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
First things first. My job ends today, and since I haven't landed a new one yet, it's selling time. Last in is first out, focusing on my higher-end ukuleles., and many tears will be shed over the next few weeks. This sale has nothing to do with a lack of desire for the instrument- only practical necessity. I'm a family man, and I need the dough.

Offered here is my Kiwaya KTC-4RK Koa Concert Ukulele (good luck finding another- these are extremely scarce), recently purchased here on UU. I thought this uke was a steal, and still do. Kiwaya is my favorite modern production ukulele brand. They have an excellent balance of lovely aesthetics, impeccable craftsmanship, and a light build, which makes for a responsive ukulele. Their ukes are a dream to play and this one, with its radiused fretboard, is especially so. I know some folks contend that a radius is inconsequential in a ukulele, but I wholeheartedly disagree. When done right, a radius makes playing clean notes much easier (especially when barring, or playing higher on the fretboard).

This uke features beautiful solid Koa construction; a radiused ebony fingerboard, with a perfectly executed skunk stripe, modeled after a vintage Martin style 3; snowflake fretboard inlay; small side dot fret markers, and a compensated saddle for excellent intonation. A few micro-blemishes do not detract from the beauty of this instrument. Two can be seen just beneath the bridge; one just west of the fingerboard extension is almost imperceptible (much more noticeable in the pic than in real life). One tiny ding in the back of the headstock also looks worse in the picture than in real life. This ukulele plays easily and has great tone and volume. It is a pleasure to hold, play, see and hear. The owner will be the envy of their ukulele club.

***Forgot to mention- The Guardian'"vintage-style' case pictured is included as well.

Asking $650, contiguous U.S. shipping and insurance included. Thank you for looking!

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 162
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 150
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
Forgot to mention- The Guardian'"vintage-style' case pictured is included as well. Thanks!

Thanks Perep!- it is a real honey, for sure. A rare bird, too.

Where in California are you located?

Your box is full. I'm in Santa Monica. I'm interested in the uke. I'd like to see it in person ("cash & carry") ;-). You can email me at eddiemonnier@me.com if it's still available. If not, congrats to both you and the new owner.

Your inbox is full. I am interested in it as well. I tried getting back to you. Who pm'ed you first?

I agree with your counter suggestion.

Let me know.

Last edited:
Sorry for the full inbox! I just deleted a bunch of older messages.
Please resend, and I'll respond.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom