Ibanez UEW15E or Oscar Schmidt OU5E

TexasRon

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the Ibanez UEW15E or the Oscar Schmidt OU5E? I am looking at one of these two models as my first uke. I am leaning toward the Ibanez, but my mind is not 100% made up. Any comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I have the OU5, but not the E model. It isn't loud plugged in, but has a pleasing sweet, mellow tone. I have heard them plugged in and they sounded the same, but louder of course. Lots of acoustic electric ukes in their price range that may give a better tone, more projection, but may not be as fancy looking.

You'll wanna go by feel. How does each uke feel in your hands, when you strum it? Is it difficult to chord? How does each sound to you? Are the joints matched up well? Is it heavy, does it sound thuddy when you pick a note, or is it bright and full? Is there glue all over the inside?
You'll know....

I own the Ibanez and the strings are too close together.

I'd get the OS if I were doing it again.

I own the Ibanez and the strings are too close together. I'd get the OS if I were doing it again.

I had a uke with strings that were a little close so I had a new nut made that worked perfectly. If you like the look of the Ibanez over the Oscar Schmidt, consider that. I had an Oscar Schmidt ou8tlce tenor with strings that were a little tight, but I sold it.

Thanks for the info. I live about 100 miles from the closest uke shop so I have been trying to gather info online. I guess I will hold off on a decision until I can make the trip and actually see some in person. Again, thanks for the info.

Top Bottom