Season 184 - Instrumentals

Thanks for the week Randy. I just turned on the camera and went where my heart led my fingers. For my darling friend and sister, Chelle.

wow i can see this week is gonna be watch and learn for me!

i thought i was gonna have to sit this week out and JUST be a spectator, but then :bowdown: koadependent said :bowdown: upstrumental and i thought oh wow maybe i CAN do something!

so here is that something

it's not good

but it IS short :cool:

I plugged my Uke into my Mac to record with Garageband so I could use the Dublin Delay Setting (guess where that is based on ;-)) and I recorded the video with my iPad. I then later on added some Bassguitar and some Percussion by just playing along to the noodling. So it is what it is, here is Just Some Noodling.

What a great start to the Season!

dirtiestkidever glory of love Now that's the way to open the Season! One of my favorite songs, and a terrific performance!

wee_ginga_yin The Instru went mental-or-How the queen ant got hers I love every bit of this! I'm kind of an insect enthusiast, I enjoy macro-photography of the little critters. The music was great, reminds me a bit of Moby. Great instrumental!

TCK 184 instrumental I have no words for the genius of this one.

hendulele Sweet Georgia Brown A perfect choice! And your whistling is just terrific!

xommen I don't want to break up Wow. Terrific original, love the arrangement, kind of trippy!

Hippie Dribble Rex's Star Will Keep Shining I enjoyed every beautiful note. Wonderful.

ohmless Blue Skies Great song choice, wonderful playing! Thanks!

bird's eye view of my ukelele upstrumental Wowee! That was brilliant and fun!

xommen Just Some Noodling That was a lot of fun! Love the extras you inserted!

UkeFoote Apache Oh yes! This is amazing! I love the song, and your arrangement is astounding!

Last edited:
Now, if you wanted to flip this thing on its head, listen to Hollywood Hillbilly Deke Dickerson and surf punkers extraordinaire Los Straitjackets, who made an entire album of instrumental songs ... with lyrics! It's weird and wonderful.

Noon on Sunday here and already have two videos. What is the record for number of entries in a week? :D
This is one of the first songs I worked the melody out for.

Suh-weet! Thank you for this theme Randy. I love your arrangement in the intro. My favorite thing about it, the tuba. Can I put in a request for more tuba please?

Here's a bit of baroque. Thank you for watching!

I don't usually do instrumentals but a few days ago I took a video of ants with wings emerging from their nest.
Apparently when they want to start a new colony the females that are born develop wings, and there is a frenzy
of activity around the nest. The females fly off and have sex on the wing... sex and flying what a joyous
combination... and when fertilised go off to start a new colony.

I was bitten quite a few times when making the video, apparently ants are not too happy about having their
mating rituals filmed. The commentary I made with the video contained such words of vilification concerning
the ants use of formic acid that I removed them from the soundtrack so as not to offend the sensibilities of other Seasonistas.

I composed this instrumental this morning after watching the ants prepare for their mating frenzy. Thanks to BEV for the title :)

You were filming ant p***? You never cease to amaze me!

DISCLAIMER ROB: I thought BEV posted this. I was going to delete but I commented on youtube, now its a big mess...

Last edited:
Wow, thanks Jon, but do you have anything a lot, lot slower, and played on only one string, not too many notes either.

Now THIS made ME laugh right out loud. I am with you randy...one string, one note and I might just get this done.

SOTU 184 Alabama Jubilee

Here is a tune I have been working on for a while. The A part is seldom heard. Its a good string band tune.

Here is my second entry. I am challenging myself to do one per day this week. But for all of your sake I will keep them very short. Here is another ukulelezaza arrangement. Fun little tune to play.

A couple of weird ghost images of myself that I couldn't figure out how to get rid of, and some syncing issues, but the audio came out okay. Some digital reverb added to the melodica with VideoMeld.

Last edited:
Oh frustrating times.
Had this in the can twice last night only to have the computer I thought I had patched together crash - BOTH times - Sheesh moment for sure!
Resorted to using the wife's computer this morning. It is what it is I'm afraid.
The song is beautiful and I haven't done it justice.
Claudia's Theme from the movie The Unforgiven -

in the 1944 film :bowdown: "love story", :bowdown: margaret lockwood's character writes a beautiful and romantic piece of music inspired by the sounds of the cornish coast. here is my ever so slightly LESS beautiful and romantic composition, based on the sounds of harlesden in london

yeah

sounds approximated onto uke...

police car siren
argument in the street
thumping bass
cockerel crowing in a neighbour's garden
greensleeves snippet (ice cream van tune)
car alarm
police helicopter hovering overhead
door bell and knocking on the door - someone wants to wake me early on a saturday morning, perhaps to talk about changing my electriciy provider - how lovely
church bell ringing
children calling out to eachother in the street
baby crying/toddler sreaming/whatEVS
birthday party karaoke in next door's garden

hahaha and i thought my neighbourhood was crazy, Lynda!!!!
I like this already even before i listen to what you are gonna play!

Top Bottom