NUD - Maurise Dupont D Hole Tenor Uke

Got back to Paris and picked up the Dupont uke. Went with Koa/spruce.
image.jpg

Great looking ukulele......... I'm sure it plays well. Interested in any comments you have on playability and how it sounds once you have settle in and played it for awhile. I'm a big fan of this style of ukulele. I also see its 12 fret neck joint so should be great to play with cutaway yet still have that 12 fret thing going on.

We just visited Paris as well, and played a 'ukaferri' by Dominique Chevalier at the François Charle shop in the Vero-Dodat gallery.

Charle is an authority on Selmer-Maccaferri guitars - in fact, he wrote the book about them. He codesigned the Chevalier ukaferris, which look a lot like the Dupont ones: d-holes, spruce tops, fixed bridges without moustaches (as with the 'concert' nylon strung Selmer guitars) and no 'plié' or fold in the top. The main differences are in overall finish, size (the Chevalier ones are between soprano and concert size, the Dupont ones are a bith north of a tenor size), open versus closed headstock with geared versus friction tuners, fretboard markers (none on the Dupont) and fretboard extension (22 frets on the Dupont versus 19 on the Chevalier).

Last edited:
resurrecting this thread. I've kind of fallen in love with the Dupont tenors. There's a German shop that has made a wonderful sound comparison video of five Duponts. They all sound ace. Question for the topic starter: Is it made from solid woods or laminate?

The UK-35 (gloss koa) has me drooling... Time to start saving up some money and selling other stuff...

Do you have a link to the tenor comparisons you can share. I like this style of ukulele and these Dupont D tenors look really nice.

That's Andreas David!

I think Dupont ukuleles are built with solid woods all around, save for the headstock overlay. Do know that the original Selmer guitars had laminated backs and sides - lamination was part of the idea behind it, not just a way of cost-cutting.

Top Bottom