Donald Trump for President

This is wonderful!!!! Part of the noble history of "protest music"!!!

Paul

You did , and we sent it back , didnt want to pay the tax.

giphy.gif

Good one, Big, your humor truly knows no bounds. So now you're a good humorist and a political analyst and now a crack internet user.

You are a remarkable person, Big; you got it all! :eek:ld:

Good one, Big, your humor truly knows no bounds. So now you're a good humorist and a political analyst and now a crack internet user.

What is the deal with all this passive aggressive trolling? I thought you'd finally grown out of it, but I'm obviously mistaken. This was a nice thread, everybody having a laugh and a joke, taking it almost to the edge, then pulling back a little. Then you have to make it personal. I get that you might not understand some of the references or memes, there's no shame in that, but don't take your inadequacies out on me, you're just going to spoil the entire thread for everyone else and get it closed like you did before.

DUD, given the piety of your initial post, your subsequent rejoinders have not lived up to those high standards. "Why can't we all get along?" Indeed, sir.

DUD, given the piety of your initial post, your subsequent rejoinders have not lived up to those high standards. "Why can't we all get along?" Indeed, sir.

Agree. This was a good read until people started making personal attacks on each other.
How about we stay on topic?
We should be talking about the song not trying to one-up each other in a troll war.

Yeah, that's not censorship, dude.

And someone posting a ditty critical of a politician is not some kind of nationalist, UK vs USA statement.

Suggesting either is simple immaturity.

Have I missed something ......again ? :wtf::cheers:

Um.

Notice exactly how many replies the OP has made to this thread?

Right.

Methinks the discord herein, and attempts at sarcastic humor has driven him away.

Just enjoy the music, or if you don't, then change the song to something else. YouTube has like 100 million other videos.

It's not like you are all strapped to a chair like in the movie 'A Clockwork Orange'.

I think the OP knows that a song like this will generate positive and negative feedback . I'll bet he is sitting back enjoying this like most of us.

Music often involves topics of religion, politics, and social issues. It's the nature of artistic expression to write about things that spark your interest or passion. Somehow pro-songs seem easier to take than anti, even if they don't align with your own personal views (like religious songs and it's not your religion, patriotic songs but not your country, etc). Anti songs are critical and can make you feel uncomfortable and attacked, pointing out how you are somehow wrong-thinking. At their best, protest songs shine a light on a subject and help people see another way of looking at something (like Everlast's "What It's Like"). I think songs that speak to current issues are gonna touch a nerve quicker (like Pa's well-done satirical Trump song, BTW I'm not anti- or pro Trump, I'm generally fed up with politicians tho). Folks here are gonna perform songs where we may not agree with the message of the song. Are we gonna start censoring songs based on content? I don't think so BUT I do think that comments should be strictly on musicality when subject is of a political or religious nature. This thread started to degenerate from the get-go and should have been nipped in the bud in a nonjudgemental way, no personal opinion expressed. There is a place for political and religious discussion but it's not in a ukulele forum. Furthermore, this kind of touchy discussion quickly leads to personal attacks, as it has here. Let's stick to talking ukulele. Peace.

Bunny, I love your post. Protest songs used to be very popular in the music industry, even the Beatles indulged a little.
I vowed a while back not to get political here. There are other forums for that.
This place is for ukulele antics, not politics.
But if someone comes up with a good protest song video, I'll watch it, and do my best to be nonjudgmental. Especially if it's funny.
We all have enough drama as it is. Christ, some guy even tried to start a bunch of drama in our new ukulele jam session. He isn't welcome to come back. (He's a bass/accordion player who refuses to try playing uke)

Top Bottom