Will the Circle be Unbroken? - Season 186

I am shedding tears here Alan. My Dad would have been totally publicly embarrassed at winning.... but secretly very proud it was with a song he had put the words too, I am sure.

He probably wrote a lot more, but that was the only one he ever performed for me and allowed me to record. So I am guessing it was maybe one of his favourite adaptations.

If anyone wants to really choke up over the relationship between a songwriting son and his father, check out "Little Scraps of Paper" by Scottish/Australian songwriter Eric Bogle (he who wrote "The Green Fields of France" and "The Band Played Waltzing Matilda")

Last edited:
...and angrily cried out, "too late, too late."
...and while I looked for my Father, he was searching for his Son. And strangers we remained until the end.
-E. Bogle

Yeah, it encourages me to have a chat with Dad soon. Thanks very much Berni.

I am shedding tears here Alan. My Dad would have been totally publicly embarrassed at winning.... but secretly very proud it was with a song he had put the words too, I am sure.

He probably wrote a lot more, but that was the only one he ever performed for me and allowed me to record. So I am guessing it was maybe one of his favourite adaptations.

If anyone wants to really choke up over the relationship between a songwriting son and his father, check out "Little Scraps of Paper" by Scottish/Australian songwriter Eric Bogle (he who wrote "The Green Fields of France" and "The Band Played Waltzing Matilda")

Top Bottom