Collings UTK3 NAMM Show special for sale.

How to buy it?

I wouldn't hit the link of it as there are so many spammers out there sending stuff to infect your computers. Perhaps the OP can post as per UU rules ...

How much are you asking

I wouldn't hit the link of it as there are so many spammers out there sending stuff to infect your computers. Perhaps the OP can post as per UU rules ...

It's a genuine YouTube link.

But yes, it's not ideal to just dump a link here without details and pictures.

The Collings in the video is a UT41 Koa, not a UT3K

The Collings in the video is a UT41 Koa, not a UT3K

Not for certain here, but to me it looked like a UT3K with abalone purfling upgrade on the top. It did not have the 41 style fretboard inlay (abalone diamonds and squares). From the video, it looks like it has the standard round ivoroid fret markers. It would look like this if it were a true 41 style:

image.jpg

I have seen custom Collings that have upgrade appointments, but still show the lower model name on the label. For instance, I had a custom UC2 at one point with abalone rosette and highly figured mahogany. It looked more like a UC3, but did not have fretboard and headstock bindings. The label stated "UC2 Custom." That may be the case here. Since it is a NAMM model, I tend to think it is a "Custom UT3K". Just a thought....

Steve

Last edited:
Not for certain here, but to me it looked like a UT3K with abalone purfling upgrade on the top. It did not have the 41 style fretboard inlay (abalone diamonds and squares). From the video, it looks like it has the standard round ivoroid fret markers. It would look like this if it were a true 41 style:

View attachment 83476

I have seen custom Collings that have upgrade appointments, but still show the lower model name on the label. For instance, I had a custom UC2 at one point with abalone rosette and highly figured mahogany. It looked more like a UC3, but did not have fretboard and headstock bindings. The label stated "UC2 Custom." That may be the case here. Since it is a NAMM model, I tend to think it is a "Custom UT3K". Just a thought....

Steve

Agreed, this was built in NAMM 2010 , so maybe it was an upgraded one rather than UT41K model. BWT, I love standard round ivoroid fret markers with abalone purfling upgrade on the top.

Steve

100% for certain....watch the video, 0:39-0:52 (roughly)

Registration card says UT41, hangtag says UT41K, person in the video also calls it a UT41K.

Registration card says UT41, hangtag says UT41K, person in the video also calls it a UT41K.

Sorry, didn't watch it too closely, or with sound! (Obviously!). Still, I'd prefer to see the diamonds and squares. That's a nice touch IMO. Thanks for the clarification, Southpaw.

In my opinion, although the tag in the video shows it is UT41K, the markers are different from the one sold recently in HMS. http://www.theukulelesite.com/collings-tenor-ut41k-1463.html.

So we can guess maybe this is an upgraded UT3K or maybe the earlier UT41K model is with rounded markers and later they upgrade this model. Anyway, just a guess, and this is a stunning Collings :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom