just wanted to introduce myself

underattacker

Reaction score
not sure if this is the right forum for this kind of thread. purchased a pono ko'olau baritone uke and found out after several hours of trying to tune the thing that baritone ukuleles are using strings on a different scale, so i'm going to be purchasing some tenor gcea strings to put on here, as suggested by the ukulele shop i bought this thing from.

but with the capo on 2 or 5, this thing sounds awesome. i switched over from months of not playing the guitar to the uke and it's not as bad of a transition as i thought it'd be.

local to san diego :shaka:

Attachments

• DSC_4197.JPG
    DSC_4197.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC_4199.JPG
    DSC_4199.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 4
Welcome! Being in the SD, you'll have plenty of opportunities to jam/meet plenty of great ppl.

Just watch out for Deach... he lurks in the shadows....

You may want to look at a bari string set w/GCEA tuning vs a tenor GCEA set. The tenor set may have requires a higher tension which could possibly create problems. I think the Pono as a truss bar(?) to prevent warping or bowing so you may be okay.

thank you for the kind welcomes everyone!

You may want to look at a bari string set w/GCEA tuning vs a tenor GCEA set. The tenor set may have requires a higher tension which could possibly create problems. I think the Pono as a truss bar(?) to prevent warping or bowing so you may be okay.

i will definitely look into that. i remember reading about those before but couldn't find a set locally. guess snail mail will have to do -__-

Top Bottom