Season 188 - The Saddest Songs in the World

They are very welcome to come and look at the ones in my back garden..and help themselves to a few to take with them when they go....;)

This is exactly why they are called leaves and not takes.

Thanks for the season Jim. Loved that wailing 'I Dint Get No T Shirt Blues'.
So agree about Manfrog (and his family). BRILL stuff comes along every week from them (him).

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i loved that season when everyone called linda or lynda or lynette won!
:cheers:

this season - GREAT season! great hosting! great wrap vid! thank you for hosting and congrats to the winners! looking forward to prog part 2 ! BRING IT BABY :rock:

Thanks for the season Jim. Loved that wailing 'I Dint Get No T Shirt Blues'.
So agree about Manfrog (and his family). BRILL stuff comes along every week from them (him).

Thanks Pa! and Thanks Jim! Sorry I couldn't bring the sad for this one, but I'm glad you left the bailout option for prog. I had a lot of fun with it. :)

I couldn't even watch all the sad songs, so much sad! I had to parcel them out a couple at a time, and Freeda's just leveled me. So , yeah, thanks for the prog option, and I'm already wondering what to bring for Prog2. :)

Last edited:
Thanks for such a great and fun season!

Really enjoyed this season (oddly XP). As someone who started ukulele after guitar, and who learned guitar while in a really bad spiral of depression (which I have since, thankfully, pulled WAY out of), this week really got me. I wish I could have done more entries, but time just wasn't permitting. Still. It got me playing some sad tunes here and there, which, for me, is awesome. It all started with sad stuff coming from a guitar, and its nice to once and a while play those same songs from a place of triumph, rather than a place of despair.

Congrats to the winners. Y'all did an awesome job.

Congratulations to the winners! I need to find time to come back to this Season for there were many songs I enjoyed and new artists I discovered. Thanks be to Jim for hosting :)

Linda, Lynda And Lynette WooHoo...............

Oh Wait.......What?

YorkSteve, Decaturcomp and Conner013...........darn random thingy! Must have listened to this season before it decided this time!

Congratulations All of you. Loads of really great vids for sad week. The PR winners were outstanding too.

Thank Jim for a fantastic week of emotions :)

Who? Me? Oh, thanks! It was a great season, and got me back listening to songs I hadn't heard for a long time. Misery can be a wonderful thing.

I discovered this new song yesterday, "Motel" by Meg Myers. During the song's break, there's a long sound clip from a 1992 Townes Van Zandt interview, with him talking about his own sad songs.

Thanks for the prize Jim. The random generator force is strong with this one!
I debuted the shirt at a gig last night so I thought I'd leave a sad James McMurtry song here with it on.

Sad Songs Make Me Happy
Sad Songs Make Me Happy
Sad Songs Make Me Happy
Sad Songs Make Me Happy

Top Bottom