Bit of a Spam Epidemic

Yesterday I went to edit my .sig which contained two special characters in the Turkish spelling of Cumbus. Oops. My .sig was truncated; much of it was lost as I don't keep a backup. I wonder if it can be retrieved via Archive.Org?

Meanwhile, we have another lower-level stream of spam, all totally unmusical one-liners (often mentioning sports teams) from first-timers. I report those as "mild spam". Just trying to be a good citizen, I am.

Special characters in subjects, signatures, and message bodies are still messed up, too. An example for the problem in a thread title would be here. Using special characters, such as umlauts, will truncate new posts.

I got tired of fixing the u umlaut and just put the e in Brueko in my signature. I also would have put those individual letters in quotation marks, but saw no future in that, either.

BTW, I am posting from my cell phone since my laptop has been acting wonky since all this spam. Anyone else experiencing issues on equipment?

My sympathies to the mods who seem to have scored themselves an unrequested and repetitive cleaning job.

I see we have a spammer in the Guitar Discussion board posting rugby or soccer threads. They're in English, at least.

Oh the sports spammer is minor. Now I hit WHAT'S NEW and see another seven pages of Korean spam. UU would seem an unlikely target for such. What have we done to deserve this?

Wouldn't be too hard to ban the entire Korean subnet/s

Top Bottom